Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
Like Tree2Likes
  1. jlangner's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNerdlyKnight View Post
    His HTC Rep may have shown him a black one however it's Verizon exclusive sadly. T-Mobile is only getting California Blue.
    Maybe so. Guess most reps don't know wth talking about anyway.
    Last edited by jlangner; 11-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.
  2. tofu.'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #27  
    well, couldn't one just replace the speaker grill and back cover to convert to any color you want? it all comes down to how much oem housings will cost

    i personally plan on installing the verizon wireless charging into my tmobile device

    edit: oem iphone 5 housings are already for sale, so i don't think the wait time will be that long. they go for around $150, so i doubt our plastic housings without the apple tax will be much more than $50-60
    Last edited by tofu.; 11-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.
  3. l.chacon44's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #28  
    I was at t-mobile today and the rep said they are getting the blue when they release it on Wednesday and then at a later date going to have a T-Mobile Pink (magenta) one
  4. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    640 Posts
    Global Posts
    688 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu. View Post
    honestly, if black becomes an exclusive color to verizon, i'm just going to skip this generation of wp8 devices and hold out with my dell venue pro until the stupidity subsides.
    And some people say color of phone doesn't matter. I forget the thread but somebody was whining about exclusive colors and how it doesn't change a darn thing.

    Well this post / thread is proof that color exclusivity DOES matter.
  5. TheNerdlyKnight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by l.chacon44 View Post
    I was at t-mobile today and the rep said they are getting the blue when they release it on Wednesday and then at a later date going to have a T-Mobile Pink (magenta) one
    HTC never announced that color and no offense to the rep but I think if it were true T-Mobile would have announced an exclusive color already. Later date or not it would be a pretty big deal to keep under wraps.

  6. tofu.'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    And some people say color of phone doesn't matter. I forget the thread but somebody was whining about exclusive colors and how it doesn't change a darn thing.

    Well this post / thread is proof that color exclusivity DOES matter.
    i sure wouldn't switch carriers based on a color, but i'd be inclined to skip a phone generation. the bright colors just look childish to me. i prefer a more professional look to my electronics

    while i don't need fancy colors, black is a neutral color and should have been available to all carriers. i do like the gray lumia though. not that anyone is offering that color anyway...

    i'm still on the fence about just buying this california blue and hoping verizon oem backplates become available to purchase. that way i'll get the wireless charging upgrade and the black color i want.
  7. tofu.'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNerdlyKnight View Post
    HTC never announced that color and no offense to the rep but I think if it were true T-Mobile would have announced an exclusive color already. Later date or not it would be a pretty big deal to keep under wraps.
    yep... by the time they announce this people will have already forgotten about this generation of wp8 devices. the next gen quad core phones will probably be close to release
  8. worldwaffle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeriePhenomenon View Post
    P.S. - am I the only one that wants yellow?

    I WANT YELLOW SO SO SO SO BAD. It is by far my favorite color option.
    I might cry if they don't have it.


    But no seriously. Give me yellow.
  9. oolgac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwaffle View Post
    I WANT YELLOW SO SO SO SO BAD. It is by far my favorite color option.
    I might cry if they don't have it.


    But no seriously. Give me yellow.
    I'm in the same boat, except for maybe the crying part lol. Does anyone know if Microsoft Stores will have the unlocked versions? If so, I might just buy a yellow one from them directly and use that
  10. Pheno.menon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #35  
    I would be so down for an unlocked red 8x to use on Tmobile from the Microsoft Store..

    When do those even go on sale?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  11. oolgac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheno.menon View Post
    I would be so down for an unlocked red 8x to use on Tmobile from the Microsoft Store..

    When do those even go on sale?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    So I was just talking to a MS store rep, and he was telling me that while they may carry unlocked devices in the future, they are going to be sticking to the carrier-branded/locked versions for the time being
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions