Windows Phone 8X by HTC Overview - HTC Smartphones

HTC's website now lists the 8X as having Bluetooth version 3.1. When it was first announced the official specs said it was version 2.1, which didn't make sense to me and I thought was a typo.

Anyway, this can only be good news. Now, do I hear 4.0? :)

Edit: looking at WPC's story from a while ago. Unless I'm misreading, it looks like the 8X was Bluetooth certified for version 4.0. Hmmm...not sure why that article made no mention of that fact when they made such a big deal about the 920 getting certified for 4.0. Updated the thread title to reflect this.

HTC Windows Phone passes Bluetooth Certification, destined for Verizon with LTE | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    Last edited by thed; 10-26-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    4.0 would be awesome, but 3.1 has got to be way better than 2.1 in my Trophy. Streaming music via bluetooth with my Trophy can be a headache sometimes.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    What's the difference between Bluetooth numbers?

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts
    Well for starters... when I press play or next track on my trophy with 2.1... 5 seconds (and I mean exactly 5 Mississippi's) it will respond!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I have no idea what that means. I though Bluetooth was only for wireless headsets and file transferring.

Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts
    oh im talking sbout streaming music from my phone to my car audio with Bluetooth. theres like a 5 second delay
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    The main difference between BT versions is speed, but newer versions have other features too:

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Bluetooth 4 is supposed to be more efficient with regards to battery life than previous versions.

Just confirmed with HTC Live Chat that it is 3.1 present.