Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    So as you see here, the phone is orange with a redish tinge to it... I like how it looks!

Is this a color that didn't make it to final production or bad lighting or do you think this phone will actually look like this?

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    The colors of the HTC devices seem to change rather drastically depending on the lighting and camera. I remember seeing a picture of the California Blue 8x that looked nearly white. I'm sure that's just the red one there, which I happen to like quite a bit as well.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Matte Red + Camera Flash = Orange

Global Posts
    2,275 Global Posts
    The 920 and 820 have similar symptoms. I've seen flash make it look like pink, magenta and orange by now :D

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    I would definitely pick up a matte orange if they made one.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Vagrantwade is right, the matte finish tends to play tricks with the colors when you take flash photos. That's why a few California Blue photos where the phone looked purple instead of blue.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNerdlyKnight View Post
    Vagrantwade is right, the matte finish tends to play tricks with the colors when you take flash photos. That's why a few California Blue photos where the phone looked purple instead of blue.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    Yeah, light can easily mess up colours. I know one photo went up on FB recently which made the red streak in my hair (it's a vibrant red) come up as GINGER, of all colours. I went through the roof when I spotted it, not impressed at all!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I think that the red version is actually somewhere in between red and orange. For example, this image from HTC's website. I'm guessing it's a render and not affected by camera flashes:

Although judging by the picture in the OP it looks like camera flashes do tend to make it look more orange than it is, as others have said.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    I'd prefer an orange to a red

California blue has looked purple in every picture I have seen! Why can't anyone make a basic blue phone or navy?

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I typically hate flashy colored phones but for some reason I like all 4 colors of the 8X. I think the only color I've ruled out is the yellow because I'm afraid it'll show dirt and crud too easily.

Global Posts
    2,755 Global Posts
    California Dream looks purple as well
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    I dislike how the phones look. I am reserving judgement until I see them in person. If they did have one in that awesome orange color though I would get that phone in a heartbeat.

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    I'm soooo getting the black one...