Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi ...
    after watching some youtube videos about the HTC 8x, i noticed in some points that some devices got a blinking light at the top inside the speaker, So my question is: is there a notification LED in the phone such as the one fount in SG3? or its the same light in the (HTC ONE X) which is as far as i know can only be seen from the camera and normal user cant benefit from it.
    thank you guys:)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,434 Global Posts
    My HTC Trophy has an led light that flashes for a missed call. It doesn't work for any other notifications though. I doubt any WP8 will offer led notifications to the extent android does.
  3.    #3  
    Oh i see .. i did notice that about the Trophy, but i thought its a full notification light system.
    i came from a Blackberry :D so I'm a bit addicted to the LED red blinking light
    thanks @scottcraft
    Villain likes this.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    It's a great feature and I'm not sure why other o/s makers haven't adopted this. Out of all the features I miss from BlackBerry, this is one I miss the most.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    can see it flashing here: Windows Phone 8 Visual Tour On HTC Windows Phone 8X | WMPoweruser

would be one feature I'd miss from using a BB

Global Posts
    2,755 Global Posts
    Yeah its probably just for charging, calls, and texts
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that most stock applications will make use of it, so probably calls, SMS, MMS, email, maybe even FaceBook.
  8.    #8  
    After that video this morning i was sure about the charging light, and i did also see a red/orange one i think it was for SMS, hope the same for e-mails and some apps such as KIK. Im a good kikker :D

Posted from My Mobile App

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    which is fine by me... I have my berry comstomized for the LED to only flash for sms, calls and emails.
  10.    #10  
    If so .. Ill be more than satisfied.

Hey what's up guys, new on here. I think it is a full notification led light. In this video its clearly blinking purple. I'm assuming for some kind of notification.

Thanked by:
    Xtian.Castro likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0kami View Post
    Hey what's up guys, new on here. I think it is a full notification led light. In this video its clearly blinking purple. I'm assuming for some kind of notification.

Actually, I believe that's an orange light due to low battery.

Quote Originally Posted by EeriePhenomenon View Post
    Actually, I believe that's an orange light due to low battery.
    You may be right, either way it's good to see there actually using the led for things. It'd be pretty dumb if they don't use it for SMS,calls,and other things besides battery.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 0kami View Post

Thats the video i was talking about, though its confusing that there is 5 e-mails and also the phone is low in battery, so we cant be sure yet

Thank you though

0kami likes this.

Nope, only shows up when charging or when the battery is low :-( Bit of a disappointment, since in Touch Diamond 2 it was used for messages, emails, missed calls etc

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deimos9 View Post
    Nope, only shows up when charging or when the battery is low :-( Bit of a disappointment, since in Touch Diamond 2 it was used for messages, emails, missed calls etc
    I too am coming from another ecosystem android and this might be a deal breaker for me. I posted a thread on the lumia 920 forum because I thought maybe I was just missing how to set up notifications. I can't sit all day (have to have my phone on silent and vibrate is almost non existent on my phone) and turn my phone on and off just to try and see if I have a text message. On android there was an app called no led that would display a text or email etc icon floating around in your screen for how ever long you designated.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:P

I dove head first into this ecosystem with excitement and love so much about it. I think android is great but don't plan to root etc and was drawn to windows by its premise of get in and get out in short periods of time. I even watched the windows promo videos where windows raced android and iOS to see who competed a task quicker and agree windows wins on so many great things. I have spent a long time on forums and watched videos and read articles for the last year waiting for the right time to give another try to windows. I bought the lumia 900 and returned it because I heard the new operating system would come out and it would not be on that lumia 900. My job is at a front desk of a doctors office where technically they don't want us to even have our phones out, yet be messing around with them. I have 3 teens and the only way they communicate with me is through text messages so have my phone on my desk but try to be discreet about only using it if I have to communicate with one of my kids. Yesterday I had my lumia 920 out and on vibrate for the first time. A coworker and I tested it out a few times and barely could tell it did vibrate, you had to be watching for it and listening for it. So if I happen to not to be staring at my phone all day the only way I know if I have a text is to physically open up the phone. This discreet notification light unfortunately for this reason is a major feature in a phone for me. I have posted a thread in the lumia 920 area looking for suggestions on what people do as far as notifications. I did a web search thinking perhaps I was missing something since recently 70 something people looked at the thread but no one had made any suggestions. I also have gone on the Microsoft website and voted and posted on this being a feature to add to windows phones. So with all that being said I am not just lightly saying this Is an important feature looking for a way to blast windows or excuse to return my phone. It is essential to my phone use unfortunately. If anyone has any suggestions on this thread I would gladly read them. Thanks.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    If you can't feel the vibration of the 920, it'd be pretty weird. I thought the 920 has one of the loudest and weirdest sounding vibrations?

autumnride likes this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    If you can't feel the vibration of the 920, it'd be pretty weird. I thought the 920 has one of the loudest and weirdest sounding vibrations?

Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdunne View Post
    Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.
    Some actually hate the terrible hard vibrate it's giving. Perhaps your set is indeed faulty :P I haven't get my hands on one yet:/ so it's hard to tell whether I would like or loathe the sound. But I guess I'm all in for the hard vibrate :P

Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Um led notification only works when phone on low battery and when charging it.

sweet thread bump
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    sweet thread bump
    Didn't saw new thread about this so...

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    yeah the LED is pretty sad... almost pointless even to have
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast