- 09-21-2013, 09:13 AM #1
Updated to GDR2 weeks ago. But data sense wasn't included. I just thought "oh well"
My friend has a lumia 920 who updated yesterday and low and behold she got data sense. Both of us are on the same network.
I thought data sense was carrier dependant and not device dependant.
I phoned EE and they said there is a newer version of GDR2 being released. I doubt this to be true as i don't think the guy knew really what i was on about.
So I was just wondering what other people had experienced.
- 09-21-2013, 10:15 AM #2
If you updated to EE ROM 2 weeks ago then you most likely did it yourself through Nokia Software Updater for Retail and not through OTA. I did this myself a while ago and I have Data Sense. I have heard of this happening before - I'd suggest trying a hard reset. You'll lose all your data but your OS will reinstall itself, and it's possible Data Sense will appear in settings>applications>data sense.
Your alternative is to take your phone to a Nokia Care point and ask them to reflash your latest firmware so you get data sense on the newer build.
- 09-21-2013, 11:32 AM #3
Hi thanks for the reply, but i haven't got a Nokia phone. My friend has. I have a HTC 8s.
I updated weeks ago OTA. I had three updates in total. I have the FM radio but no data sense. I just thought EE were not supporting it. But my friend with the Lumia 920 updated hers yesterday and has data sense.
- By walter1832 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 09-22-2013, 09:46 AM
- By karimknight in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM
- By vegas33139 in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 5Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:08 PM
- By cazz9t9 in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 4Last Post: 09-21-2013, 12:48 PM
- By lippidp in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:58 AM