05-09-2013, 02:15 PM #2
- 269 Posts
Ehm... My friend's got the 520. It's a cool device but lately she's got troubles with the Accelerometer... She has to restart her phone to make it work everytime it gets broken. That's my only complaint about 520 :).
But I think 8S looks better. It's up to you. The Nokia apps... We barely use them.
- 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM #3
Have you checked the bands to make sure you won't be stuck losing connectivity? Other than that, they are nearly identical Spec for Spec. The 8S is a touch lighter (~10 grams) and also has a bigger battery (1700 mAh vs. 520's 1450). The 520 does have 8GB built in but they both have MicroSD slots anyway.
I do not think it would be a downgrade. But it isn't really an upgrade.
- 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM #4
Won't you lose the camera flash?Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
Last updated: 05/13/2013
- 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM #5
- 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM #10Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
- 05-12-2013, 06:36 PM #11
if you're talking about memory, it's an upgrade...
if you're talking about screen, camera, glass panel, it's a downgrade..
just like Curtieson said.. it isn't really an upgrade after all
but i think the 620 or 720 can be considered as an upgrade for 8S...
620 got lower battery cap though.. so the battery on 620 is a downgrade for the 8S..
the other is pretty much the same except the 620 got 8gigs of storageWindows Mobile had changed after i cheated on her with other OS(es).. after i returned she's now more simple, fun, and fascinating!
oh yeah, she changed her last name too
- 05-27-2013, 11:46 PM #12
- By WizeGuyDezignz in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 21Last Post: 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM
- By Jaymil in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
- By doublesman3486 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM
- By mrwatson77 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2012, 03:27 AM
- By mmaman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 95Last Post: 02-28-2012, 10:52 AM