02-01-2013, 09:26 AM #1
- 3 Posts
I'm having a repeating issue on my HTC 8S. Basically, after it has been running for a while, if you select the settings or the photos, the main screen clears the tiles and then the screen goes black.. Then after about 3-5 seconds, the screen reverts back to the home screen.
Turning it off and on again seems to sort it out, but this has now happened 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks and is far from ideal. To further the annoyance, when you try to turn the phone off, the "goodbye" message appears and then just hangs - until either the battery runs out or I do a hardware power off. I've still got > 480 mb free, so don't think its that...
Has anyone else suffered from something similar and any ideas if it can be fixed - not sure if there is an event log I can see on the phone to at least tell me what the issue is!
02-06-2013, 07:14 AM #3
- 3 Posts
If you hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, the phone will do a hardware power off that'll let you turn it back on again... But yes, I am still suffering with the issue.
I'm not sure if it is specific to the phone or windows 8. Do you have a memory card installed? Seems to only be an issue since I added mine.
02-06-2013, 07:49 AM #4
- 4 Posts
power button + volume down is also supposed to help mine just randomly restarted couple of minutes ago
and yes i have an 8gb micro sd card but ive used that since day one and now a month later this happened. im not sure if the memory card is the issue here
- By stevebacs in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
- By Dmitry D in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 30Last Post: 01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
- By Mark James1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
- By Marc_With_a_C in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-31-2012, 08:54 PM
- By dtboos in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM