01-10-2013, 10:07 AM #1
- 2 Posts
No matter what I do... I cannot get notifications to come through at all. The tile never moves and I never get a toast notification for notifications, messages, or friend requests. I have uninstalled many times and installed again to no effect...
I have noticed that the Facebook app is not listed in backgroud applications, and this is probably the cause of the problem.
Has anyone managed to get Facebook notifications working on the 8S, and if so how?
Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.
01-10-2013, 10:18 AM #2
- 375 Posts
I had this problem for like 4 days now (check my other posts).
Well its too annoying that such an important service Has such a bad app, however I searched alot about this, and you are not the only one.
There is something I did and not sure if it was THE thing made it work...
1. Logged out, uninstalled the app, installed it and then logged in again
2. Changed the notification settings in the app to "tile count only"
3. I removed some unnecessary apps that use the notification system, since I did read about something like " its part of the new update that they cut some app notifications to extend battery life"
Amazingly after restarting I started to see SMOE notifications.
Hope that I helped, make sure to tell me the results.
01-10-2013, 10:25 AM #3
- 2 Posts
Well I only have 3 apps that produce notifications so I should be fine there...
I did what you said and we will see what happens.
It is pretty amazing though that the app is so terrible, I hope future updates may fix the problem and actually give us notifications...
- By hapeefeet in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
- By i s a b e l l a in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM
- By joshredraider in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
- By Mike Canniff in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM
- By Tbonenga in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2012, 02:05 PM