Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do u guys have any idea how to make the sd card work for my phone, is it problem how I format the card

Quote Originally Posted by Amarnath Ramachandran View Post
    Do u guys have any idea how to make the sd card work for my phone, is it problem how I format the card
    I was having trouble with my SD card. I had to insert the SD card while the phone was plugged into the PC. Since doing that, there were no issues.
  3.    #3  
    I even tried that today it still doesn't work,do I need to format card if to what type

NTFS
    FAT32
    anything else
    Exfat. Then again format it in the phone. I put a new 32Gb into mine and have no issues.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

well, i have same problem. How i can format sd cart while plugged in pc when my htc 8s can't see it. "SD not found". Format SD with using adapter on PC also don't work. Any other Ideas? SD is fine it works on other phones also i tried other SD and all of them don't work.
    That is strange. Did you try reformat it on a non WP8 device first?
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

I reformated it on pc - win xp and on classic phones. Still "SD not found"

Guys, I had the same problem...

Tried 8 SD Card's...yes, 8 different 32Gb cards, including 2 class 10, and none worked. The phone crashed with all 8.

Than I tried an stupid 16Gb Card and, Voilá...all fine.

I tried other 16Gb cards and all workded.

I think our phone doesnt really supports 32Gb cards, only 16Gb.

Just try an 16gb Card and see what happens...

Hope it helps

I have a 64gb in mine.

Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    I had the same issue once on Android. There is this Panasonic Card Formatter on their website. Get the version 2. And try formatting it with that. Also, may be specific brands only work. Like I heard Kingston doesn't work on all phones. Try contacting HTC and ask them.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Also tried and still not working but, maybe that second thing is my problem. I have 8GB SD card made by "no name" ^^. The best card what I tried was 4th class but I cant remember who made it...
    I wrote to HTC and they said that i should try SD card from their official partner (they offer 10th class card ~30-40$) but is strange that card which was recently formated on PC doesn't work oO, or try to give back it on guarantee to official HTC distributor... Great, new phone which needs to be repair. Good job.

Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomkix View Post
    Also tried and still not working but, maybe that second thing is my problem. I have 8GB SD card made by "no name" ^^. The best card what I tried was 4th class but I cant remember who made it...
    I wrote to HTC and they said that i should try SD card from their official partner (they offer 10th class card ~30-40$) but is strange that card which was recently formated on PC doesn't work oO, or try to give back it on guarantee to official HTC distributor... Great, new phone which needs to be repair. Good job.
    So did u solve it? Is the phone reading the card?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

no I didn't. i have to send back my htc to repair probably bcs all of solution which you wrote won't work with my phone :/
    I don't want to buy a new SD card without any "hardware" check and have same trouble with it...

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am also having problems with mine. It won't switch off with the card inserted and when I try to open anything that uses the card - music or camera apps - they won't start. Remove the card and everything is fine but a 4Gb phone is all but useless to me. The main reason I chose the 8S was because of the expandable storage.

Same problem here.

I have a 8GB sd card, and when I insert in into the phone, nothing happens.
    One thing I've noticed, when I format the SD card on my PC using NTFS, then insert it back into the phone, the phone detects the card and says it must format it before I can use it.
    Once the phone formats the card, the card is not longer detected.

My 64gb is now giving me a hard time again. Whenever I try to download xbox music, the SD card will have an error.
    I have the similar problem.. sd card not found when i format using my pc and using NTFS my phone detect, but he sought to make format and then sd card lose ...
    Reset your phone end all done
  19.    #19  
    Thanks guys its working now, U have to format ur sd card and insert it into the phone, then do a factory reset.

Thanks, finally it works. factory reset solved my trouble ^^

I've had exactly the same issue with the HTC 8S - twice in fact.

I have been using both cards (official SanDisk) and Windows 8 gets its knickers in a twist while using an app accessing the memory card (media player/photos) causing the app to crash. Rebooting the phone ends up with the SD card not being recognised by the OS. My assumption is that there are config files in the card's root that become corrupted and thus make it invisible to the OS. I am fairly certain this is a Windows 8 issue as opposed to HTC and needs to be addressed. I'd guess that its not more common because most windows phones come with a usable amount of memory on the phone and don't rely/allow memory cards.

I don't want to re-format my phone tbh - not really a great solution.

It's a real shame as I love the OS (mostly), but I am thinking of going back to the iPhone where everything just works :(

My SD card in Windows Phone S8 working, but in the menu, it does not show me. Everytime when i put SD card in my phone, the phone show me, that is some problem with SD card (but card normally works in my computer, in another phone...). Can someone help me fix that problem with my SD card??

I also have this problem but I find 8s card then when you insert sd card and restart your phone. 8gb sd card

hi iv purchased this phone recently ..but have found storage is less ..iv bought a sd card for the phone but cant get it activated on th laptop to give my phone more storage ...iv gone to the shop for giudence but they keep telling me to sort it out on th laptop ..pleases can somebody guide me thankyou ....

Quote Originally Posted by yasmeen rashid View Post
    hi iv purchased this phone recently ..but have found storage is less ..iv bought a sd card for the phone but cant get it activated on th laptop to give my phone more storage ...iv gone to the shop for giudence but they keep telling me to sort it out on th laptop ..pleases can somebody guide me thankyou ....
    What do You mean by "activated on laptop" ? There's no need to activate anything.
    Just put the card into the phone and do the factory reset. This should cause the phone to prepare the SD card to use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast