12-15-2012, 05:39 PM #2
- 84 Posts
No, I think you understood something wrong.
You can download and store an app's installation-files on your SD-card. This means that you can download an app onto your SD-card and then plug that into your phone to install without ever having to connect directly to the online-Appstore (which might be interesting/useful for some usecases).
However, it is still not possible to install apps to the SD-card.
12-15-2012, 05:54 PM #3
- 218 Posts
12-15-2012, 07:49 PM #6
- 67 Posts
Only developer unlocked phones can install apps that are not published in the Store. The Windows Phone website (link in earlier post) clearly mentions "You'll need to have the latest version of the .XAP file from the Store on your SD card before you can install it. If it isn't the latest version, it'll be listed under Incompatible apps." Which means the phone checks the Store and if it's not there, you can't install it.
- By mcherrick68 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 151Last Post: 12-06-2013, 06:09 AM
- By mky4b11 in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
- By shingi_70 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
- By Smapdie in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM
- By jeremyshaw in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2011, 01:00 PM