Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By britorj

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Went on eBay and saw an unlocked black/white, plugged my nose and grabbed it from Taiwan. I'm a little concerned about ram size but it should be manageable with an sd card.

I guess it's too late for this, but how's the display in terms of sharpness? How do the small size tiles show?
    My next phone...

Nice! Didn't know there's WP8 phones from Taiwan (my home, yay!), they just got the shipments for L920 so I'm quite surprised someone is selling 8S already.
    Enjoy, I really like the design of 8S :)
    The display is excellent! You can also order New 8S from foreign retailers like www.digitec.ch
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

RAM size has got nothing to do with SD card, just an FYI.

SD card is used to increase storage space, not RAM.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miki20021 View Post
    RAM size has got nothing to do with SD card, just an FYI.

SD card is used to increase storage space, not RAM.
    I know. I was just referring to storage space for photos & documents. I'm not an app hound so I should be okay.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Anyone have anything running from the sleep screen? Any lagging?
    My next phone...

no lag,

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Nice review. Pretty impressive considering the price point. I looked at the Nokia 820 as well and found unlocked pricing about 75.00 less than an 8X, which I thought was overpriced. I briefly considered the 8X, but at 250.00 more and some reboot issues, I decided against it.
    My next phone...

No lag. Best smartphone in the planet on this price range...You won't find anything similiar with so little money.

I'm loving mine. Slim, thin, small, and fast. Best Low-End Phone since my last HTC HD Mini.

The only bad thing is not being able to install applications inside the SD Card. Built in memory limits the phone, but, I hope Microsoft hear our claims and update the firmware to let us install at least big files, like GPS Map files, inside SD Card....
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by britorj View Post
    No lag. Best smartphone in the planet on this price range...You won't find anything similiar with so little money.

I'm loving mine. Slim, thin, small, and fast. Best Low-End Phone since my last HTC HD Mini.

The only bad thing is not being able to install applications inside the SD Card. Built in memory limits the phone, but, I hope Microsoft hear our claims and update the firmware to let us install at least big files, like GPS Map files, inside SD Card....
    That would be nice, even if the programs themselves had to be installed on the phone, I'd love for the data (game save files, map data etc.) to be put on the sd card.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    I just saw it today morning on a website of the Indian retailer...it looks just awesome...unfortunately, there is no black. BUT, there is hope. As the Windows Phone website shows a black. And Also a green.