Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Was the 4" too small? Just asking, as I was seeing it along with my RaZr, thought was tad bit smaller. But the web pages looked/felt perfect. Just over all, the size was a little small. Did u feel so?
    Sorry for the slow reply. Summer holidays over here so not in front of the screen too often. We both found the 4" screen a nice size but to put that in perspective my partner was coming from a Galaxy Mini and I was up until recently still rocking an E71 (It just went on and on and refused to die!) so 4" screen seemed kind of big to us initially. The bigger screen on the 820 seemed huge to my partner initially but she quickly got used to it so if you are coming from a screen of 3.5" plus you might not feel like it's much of an upgrade. Coming down in screen size you will notice the difference on web pages as the display isn't super sharp. If you put it next to my E71 on the otherhand it looks like ultra HD haha.

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Vogel View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply. Summer holidays over here so not in front of the screen too often. We both found the 4" screen a nice size but to put that in perspective my partner was coming from a Galaxy Mini and I was up until recently still rocking an E71 (It just went on and on and refused to die!) so 4" screen seemed kind of big to us initially. The bigger screen on the 820 seemed huge to my partner initially but she quickly got used to it so if you are coming from a screen of 3.5" plus you might not feel like it's much of an upgrade. Coming down in screen size you will notice the difference on web pages as the display isn't super sharp. If you put it next to my E71 on the otherhand it looks like ultra HD haha.
    Hahah...no issues with the later reply at all. OK so basically its where u come from that matters...like from 4.3", it might look tad bit smaller (and it does). Hmm..wonder how long will that difference stay until I get used to it. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Hahah...no issues with the later reply at all. OK so basically its where u come from that matters...like from 4.3", it might look tad bit smaller (and it does). Hmm..wonder how long will that difference stay until I get used to it. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.
    If you are happy with the quality of what you are seeing on the screen then I don't think it would take more than a week or so to get used to a different size. In the half a day we had an operational 8S there wasn't a whole lot of web surfing done. All said and done my partner was really happy with the 8S and it was really just bad luck getting 2 DOA units. If the 820 or 920 or 8X push the budget too far and you can live with the few shortcomings already mentioned by others here then there is no reason you wouldn't be happy with the 8S :-)

HI there sorry im new here and im not sure where to post my phone issues, so i think i'll post my complaints on the 8s here.
    So i got this phone on xmas, and i've noticed a few problems
    1) when i am typing on the keyboard it randomly zooms in, and i DONT know how to get out of it except restarting my phone -.- this has cost me to lose quite a few of my work and emails. this has happened 4 times in the few weeks i've had it. first time on the 3rd day i bought it. Is that a windows 8 thing? or should i send it back to the store but i don't know how i would explain it to them. help?
    2) Sometimes the volume doesn't work, it says it's increasing the volume as i press the buttons but the sound output remains the same. UGH. and then sometimes no sound even plays when the volume is 30!! (maximum)
    3) Messenger can never connect to chat.

These are just few of the problems, man. Can anyone help me? or direct me to the right direction on how to solve the problems i've been having?

Thanks

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryblawsome View Post
    HI there sorry im new here and im not sure where to post my phone issues, so i think i'll post my complaints on the 8s here.
    1) when i am typing on the keyboard it randomly zooms in, and i DONT know how to get out of it except restarting my phone -.- this has cost me to lose quite a few of my work and emails. this has happened 4 times in the few weeks i've had it. first time on the 3rd day i bought it. Is that a windows 8 thing? or should i send it back to the store but i don't know how i would explain it to them. help?
    2) Sometimes the volume doesn't work, it says it's increasing the volume as i press the buttons but the sound output remains the same. UGH. and then sometimes no sound even plays when the volume is 30!! (maximum)

These are just few of the problems, man. Can anyone help me? or direct me to the right direction on how to solve the problems i've been having?

Thanks
    I would get a replacement. Possibly hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryblawsome View Post

Thanks
    Based on my experience with the phone I would be wanting a replacement unit. The longer you leave it the more likely it will be sent away for repair rather than a straight swap. Problems 1 & 3 could be easily fixed (maybe) but the sound problem sounds like a hardware issue so yeah, I'd be gunning for a replacement.

Good luck
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234