Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    XENOPHOS, I think because you want to literally 3 or 4 apps I think the phone will do it for you.

On another note that HTC have an app for their Windows phones called “Make More Space,” an app that presumably junks unwanted files on the phone. Now I didnt see this on my 8S or maybe I missed it but I cant find much information about it but if this app does what I think it does which would be to delete unwated cached data it could be very very useful for the 8S and might even make me go back and buy one.

Has anyone else heard about or even used this app?

Quote Originally Posted by richard_c View Post
    XENOPHOS, I think because you want to literally 3 or 4 apps I think the phone will do it for you.

On another note that HTC have an app for their Windows phones called “Make More Space,” an app that presumably junks unwanted files on the phone. Now I didnt see this on my 8S or maybe I missed it but I cant find much information about it but if this app does what I think it does which would be to delete unwated cached data it could be very very useful for the 8S and might even make me go back and buy one.

Has anyone else heard about or even used this app?
    Nope but Im getting mine tomorrow and I will report back to you bout the app, I also was wondering while watching numerous reviews, they all seemed to skip that app.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbleij View Post
    Nope but Im getting mine tomorrow and I will report back to you bout the app, I also was wondering while watching numerous reviews, they all seemed to skip that app.
    If you could tell me about that app I would appreciate it so so much. As I'm thinking of getting th 8S again if I know this app works and allows you to clear the cache of apps as I really really want this phone. Thanking you in advance.

Cannot speak of if it on my 8X, says "unavailable for my device"..?.?.?.?.
    From the CO and my 8X

Richard c the app dont clear the cache only give the imformation of the space that applications videos etc is taken and let you uninstall , but I found wen we reboot the device the cache of applications its cleared and we get more space, 776,84MB free, after reboot 778,38MB, can someone confirm this?
    sorry for my english :)

I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments above... Just bought the 8S, installed some apps, and the Phone memory is full. Can't even download a map in the expensive Navigon Europe app. 32GB of SD memory can only be used for media. MSFT, please update the OS!

Quote Originally Posted by ladenhollander View Post
    I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments above... Just bought the 8S, installed some apps, and the Phone memory is full. Can't even download a map in the expensive Navigon Europe app. 32GB of SD memory can only be used for media. MSFT, please update the OS!
    i have 10 apps installed 1 vdeo (70MB) and some pictures dont have SD yet ,and i have 778,38MB free how many apps you have?

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sityos Vin View Post
    i have 10 apps installed 1 vdeo (70MB) and some pictures dont have SD yet ,and i have 778,38MB free how many apps you have?
    This is the part that confuses me. people who have the phone aren't complaining. But others ( including me) are worried. Like I said, I am not going to install more than 10 apps. And BTW, doesn't HTC phones come with some pre-installed tool apps like torchlight, converter and all? That would again save me some more space. My other question went unanswered...does it have the lockscreen notification for email/Twitter etc..?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    never had that screen and performance issues, I do not like the look of the Nokia 620 looks like a plastic phone :P
    So is my thought...looks like a plastic toy...and plus, 8S looks premium..

Quote Originally Posted by lbleij View Post
    XENOPHOS, it think you're right. I use for about 3 to 10 apps, and maby 2 games. 1.3 gigs will to that for me. **** me if it doesn't, hehe. I'm sure the 8s will do the trick.
    I'm going to get it in 10 minutes or so. : D
    Hahaha...yes, even with the Playstore brimming with apps, I very conveniently giving it a miss. I don't WANT any apps TBH. Just the ones I need on a day-to-day basis.

Quote Originally Posted by MAERSK View Post
    Not sure if you've read the review yet from TheVerge. They listed screen and performance issues with the 8S. Let's see what other reviews say.
    I did see the review, couldn't find anything...will see it again today..what screen issues BTW do they talk about? I hope nothing major...

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    This is the part that confuses me. people who have the phone aren't complaining. But others ( including me) are worried. Like I said, I am not going to install more than 10 apps. And BTW, doesn't HTC phones come with some pre-installed tool apps like torchlight, converter and all? That would again save me some more space. My other question went unanswered...does it have the lockscreen notification for email/Twitter etc..?

yes, it comes with HTC applications and you can have the lockscreen notification for email and other things.

And the phone dont have any screen performance issues.

when I say I have 10 applications are not included applications htc
    Last edited by Sityos Vin; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    yes, it comes with HTC applications and you can have the lockscreen notification for email and other things.

And the phone dont have any screen performance issues.

when I say I have 10 applications are not included applications htc
    Oh cool thanx..my question to u Sityos, The Verge reported they had a non-responsiveness a few times and that some appa froze and the phone jumped back to the start screen.
    Is that true? Does the phone stop responding sometimes?
    Hope it isn't a hardware issue...

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Oh cool thanx..my question to u Sityos, The Verge reported they had a non-responsiveness a few times and that some appa froze and the phone jumped back to the start screen.
    Is that true? Does the phone stop responding sometimes?
    Hope it isn't a hardware issue...

No,that is not true, i never even had any crash of apps or non-responsiveness or frozen apps.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    No,that is not true, i never even had any crash of apps or non-responsiveness or frozen apps.
    Thanx..may be they got a faulty or pre-release unit..

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Dude, Each one has their oppinion. That is ok.. I think 620 really exicted a lot of pple. Also, i think once 620 is revealed, you should go and hold it and see. You may like it.. Black is not toyish by any means.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmichael75 View Post
    Dude, Each one has their oppinion. That is ok.. I think 620 really exicted a lot of pple. Also, i think once 620 is revealed, you should go and hold it and see. You may like it.. Black is not toyish by any means.
    Yea u are right..but don't want another black device..8S Domino black is awesome nonetheless...lets c..I think 8S purely looks awesome..

mine is black, and another positive thing that the phone has its the wireless range its amazing.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    mine is black, and another positive thing that the phone has its the wireless range its amazing.
    Whoa man...ur tempting me soooo bad
    ..spoke to a shop guy here today..he said about 10 days..man..can't wait..

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Xenophos, the black and white domino version looks awesome. I had it looked so so so good.
    Thanked by:
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Looks good, but is too short in specs

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_c View Post
    Xenophos, the black and white domino version looks awesome. I had it looked so so so good.
    I HATE U GUYS!!!
    Lol...ya..believe me..as many people I've shown the phone to, have loved it..including hardcore Apple fanbois...

snowmutt likes this.

HTC 8x has no sd card, you need to put photos, music, videos and documents, apps on 16 GB storage.

on HTC 8s we have 32 GB+ on SD card for music, videos, photos.... and 1.6 GB for apps.

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Just one ridiculous question...

The 4" doesn't look small right? And, also..though this happened a while back, I asked my lady colleague how a white phone looked for a guy and she smiled and said it looked girlie....but 8S doesn't look...you know...I mean it looks manly right? Shouldn't look pansy or anything...

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    The 4" screen is just right. The phone fits in one hand. Trust me its good.

As for looks. Its a nice well design aesthetically pleasing phone. Its neither girly or manly. Its just a good looking phone :-)
    The 8S is a great little phone and it does fit into one hand perfectly.
    If HTC would make a 8Gb variant it would be perfect to fight the iPhone4S and iPhone4.
    The memory is limited, but just enough for most people that just need the apps they need and just a few maps.
    I live in Switzerland, so I added the Swiss map, the map of tiny Liechtenstein which is all I need on that 8S.
    Not every country is huge.
    $ for $ the 8S is great!
    It is great for people who need just the basic stuff, great for companies that need a basic smartphone for their employees, great for every day use.
    The battery on the 8S is excellent I find.
    snowmutt and X0LARIUM like this.

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    As someone else who is watching his pennies, I am sorry we in the US do not have this fun little option. Sure, the smaller app count might be a deal breaker, as might the no Front facing camera. But for the price you get a fun looking (arguably the best looking WP 8, including other unrealeased ones like the ATIV S and the 620), decent performing mid-sized device. (Is 4" officially small now, or is it still mid-sized? Might just open that up in the forums for debate.)

I think for your purposes Professor X, this little guy would fit the bill. It is quite a different animal from your current monster phone, but I think to use for a while and see how you like WP 8 it would be fine and a joy to use.

I see no reason not to wait and play with the 620 as well in your position, but I am willing to bet you won't regret the 8S.
    Confidence: That amazing feeling of motivation you have just before real life shows up....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast