Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_c View Post
    My problem with the other WP8 phones is that they are all too big. I want a phone that sits nice in one hand. I'm going to try and sell my iPhone 4 now and then I'm going to take the plunge and get the 8S. install only the core apps I need as listed above and maybe games (I can always delete games). Im annoyed I panicked when I got my 8S last week and then took it back after seeing how little space was left but if I can install all the apps I want and have like 800/700mb free im happy with that.
    I so agree! I wish they could realise that some people (like myself) want an high end phone with all the specs but just in a smaller size. But currently if you want a smaller phone you immediately have to sacrifice a lot of specs.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I feel exactly the same way but maybe we have reached the point where that is no longer possible? 4G radios use a lot of juice, so you'd need a big battery with any 4G phone. But the 8X is not really that much bigger than the 8S and it is actually a little thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by corsica View Post
    phone itself states the total available memory on the phone as 3.6GB, with the OS using up 2.3GB of that leaving 1.3 free for apps (which isn't much)
    How is that not much? Most apps I've installed are around 4-8Mb, so 1.3Gb would be enough space for 200 apps or more.

Once installed apps take way more MB than the number showed on the market.
    Around 20Mb approximately for an app advertised as 5MB on the market.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor_Mouth View Post
    I feel exactly the same way but maybe we have reached the point where that is no longer possible? 4G radios use a lot of juice, so you'd need a big battery with any 4G phone. But the 8X is not really that much bigger than the 8S and it is actually a little thinner.

How is that not much? Most apps I've installed are around 4-8Mb, so 1.3Gb would be enough space for 200 apps or more.
    please listen to piflechien as he/she is correct. With the 8S you can relisitically get 30 apps on the phone with enough space left to run the phone, for e-mails and the for cached data.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    please listen to piflechien as he/she is correct. With the 8S you can relisitically get 30 apps on the phone with enough space left to run the phone, for e-mails and the for cached data.
    Will you stand by that statement? Because if that's accurate, my requirements are golden.
    My next phone...

Yes, I have an HTC 8s, it was running low on memory to I downloaded some apps onto the micro SD card instead of the phone but you have to download them onto the phone memory first to play them which is stupid because I already have them on my phone and I have 7GB of memory on my micro SD but I don't have anything to use it on except music videos and pictures which I don't have enough of to take up more than 300mb of the memory
    Also when I delete stuff it says I have 100mb left I try to get an app at 45mb it says I don't have enough memory
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Well, I already have about a dozen installed and I still have 1.2Gb of on-board storage available, so I don't see that 30 is anywhere near accurate. I reckon I could easily get 100 apps onto it if I needed to.

I only have 1mb left of 1.2Gb despite having over 7Gb in my micro SD what can I do to get more memory so I can get more apps on my phone
    I got apps on my Micro SD by downloading them off the computer but have to install them on phone memory before I can use them

No, you can only save pictures,music and videos to the micro SD

Yes, I have about 25 and only have 50mb of free space
    None of my apps are above 50mb

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRF View Post
    Yes, I have an HTC 8s, it was running low on memory to I downloaded some apps onto the micro SD card instead of the phone but you have to download them onto the phone memory first to play them which is stupid because I already have them on my phone and I have 7GB of memory on my micro SD but I don't have anything to use it on except music videos and pictures which I don't have enough of to take up more than 300mb of the memory
    Also when I delete stuff it says I have 100mb left I try to get an app at 45mb it says I don't have enough memory
    can you tell me how you were able to move some of your apps to the SD card as I would love to go that since I thought that you were unable to.

Are there really no plans for future update, that will let storing apps and maps on the card? Not even mentioning the swap, as this might be a bit too much. Or does the problem go much deeper than that? I was considering getting it, but this **** is a total deal breaker for me. Would have already bought one if it wasn't for this. One of the reasons I want a smartphone is it's supposed to be something better than a standard phone or Asha or Explorer or whatever. I mean I'd rather get a Lumia 800 now that 7.8 arrived and they are already dirt cheap. ****, even iPhone 4 is more appealing than that! At least you won't be limited in terms of applications and the screen is way superior. Not sure 620 is much of a competition to potential 8S users though, if you consider the teen audience it's aimed at. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    I only have 1mb left of 1.2Gb despite having over 7Gb in my micro SD what can I do to get more memory so I can get more apps on my phone
    I got apps on my Micro SD by downloading them off the computer but have to install them on phone memory before I can use them
    No, you can only save pictures,music and videos to the micro SD
    Yes, I have about 25 and only have 50mb of free space
    None of my apps are above 50mb
    Are u talking to yourself? Just asking...

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

Already experiencing issues when watching Youtube videos .....
    The menu "Make More Space" will cut-in halfway through the video!
    I'm guessing the video cache to the phone internal 4GB has ran out (I have 200MB left with all the apps installed).

Hey I think HTC should prepare a fix for this !

anyone having problems with storage on there htc 8s???? moving apps,files etc to sd card???
    check out: digitalconqurer.com/windows.../htc-8s-apps-games-to-sd-card!!!!!
    this worked a treat for me,i now actually have 900.11mb on my phone storage and more to move
    it aint the most practical but it works!!!! try it

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBO1210 View Post
    anyone having problems with storage on there htc 8s???? moving apps,files etc to sd card???
    check out: digitalconqurer.com/windows.../htc-8s-apps-games-to-sd-card!!!!!
    this worked a treat for me,i now actually have 900.11mb on my phone storage and more to move
    it aint the most practical but it works!!!! try it
    thanks man I am going to try that later with my Nokia 822
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickson187 View Post
    thanks man I am going to try that later with my Nokia 822
    Let me know if that works. Even though the .xap file can be installed "from" the SD card, Microsoft said that when it does install it will be transferred to internal memory. The list just shows what files are on it, not files that are actually installed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Let me know if that works. Even though the .xap file can be installed "from" the SD card, Microsoft said that when it does install it will be transferred to internal memory. The list just shows what files are on it, not files that are actually installed in it.
    I was able to install them on the SD card but it appears to install them back on my main memory. I will have to try more later.

This is at least a way to be able to download all your apps and save them on the PC for when you have to do a hard reset or when they are pulled from marketplace.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliemoi View Post
    Lately I've been considering the Htc 8S as my next phone. Ya I know its really low end and all but its the only WP8 available to me. I can deal with the omission of NFC and a couple other things, but the paltry storage is definitely a deal breaker for me. My question is, to what extent does WP8 utilize the micro sd card functionality? Can you store applications and games on an SD card, or only music and video? This is crucial for me as I will definitely have more than 4 gb of applications and games. Thanks in advance for any replies
    Those specs are pathetic, especially when you see the iPod Touch start with 16 GB storage. How are these smartphones supposed to do anything with only 4 GB of storage? All phones and tablets should have at least 16 GB storage as a base.

how can i access sdcard memory in my windows phone 8 Nokia Lumia 720?
    Could Master help me, please?

hi.. any news about gdr3 for 8s ?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12