• 1 Post By cckgz4
  • 2 Post By speedtouch
  • 2 Post By Winterfang
  • 3 Post By snowmutt
  • 1 Post By HeyCori
  • 1 Post By 1jaxstate1
  • 1 Post By Mitlov
  1.    #1  
    Seriously, it's stunning. I can't believe HTC managed to design a phone that looks as good (if not better) than the Nokia Lumia series. WPC has a video.

HTC 8X and 8S with Windows Phone 8 - Video hands on | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Damn shame the 8S is only packing mid-range specs. :(
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Thanked by:
    XENOPHOS likes this.
    Resident Developer

Isn't it just, I've been lusting after it since the moment I saw it... I think I might be in love with an inanimate object...

I think the 8S is the best looking phone to date from any OEM. I wish the 8X looked like that instead
    3migo, MAERSK and EggoEspada like this.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    While it looks good, those specs are just saddening
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

3migo likes this.

I posted this in the HTC 8S general thread, but since this is specifically about its design, I'll repost:

That different-colored bottom bar is not something you just come upon independently because it makes sense (like a rounded rectangle or icons in a grid). It's a profoundly-unique styling cue that up until now has been an exclusive styling detail of the Sony Xperia lineup, including the Xperia U pictured above.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.

Global Posts
    2,136 Global Posts
    Indeed, the 8S is a good looking phone! But then, I look at the specs...

Can you say, "Mom phone!"
    Rob
    Lumia 620 on 35orLess
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4 
    HeyCori and 3migo like this.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    No ffc? Granted I video call about twice a year but I've gotten into taking pictures with my ffc. I don't know about that?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Jesus Christ HTC, you almost had me!! Man if you put a front facing camera and the same OneS camera on this baby. It will be the perfect phone.

Perfect you hear me!!

3migo and snowmutt like this.
    What is it with mid-range devices (Nokia 710 & 800, this) and no FFC? I didn't even notice that until this thread.

Does HTC not want the sales this nice little guy with expandable memory might otherwise give them?

"Okay, HTC design team, this is too good of a device for mid-range. What can we do to kill it? Thoughts??"
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Winterfang, 3migo and XENOPHOS like this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    What is it with mid-range devices (Nokia 710 & 800, this) and no FFC? I didn't even notice that until this thread.

Does HTC not want the sales this nice little guy with expandable memory might otherwise give them?

"Okay, HTC design team, this is too good of a device for mid-range. What can we do to kill it? Thoughts??"
    Even the Focus Flash and Radar had a FFC.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    tpbklake likes this.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Video in first post link says it has a FFC.

With the 8s, I think HTC could draw in some serious customers like teenagers if they allowed you to special order your own color combo of the choices available. Say a grey back with red chin, or red back with black chin. Could also get screen color too, so black back white chin and red screen bar. I would bet that to be an instant sell at even 8x prices.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    How is it that the 8S is allowed to have a SD card? In the engadget quick hands on, the guy said, "The 8X has 16G of storged, with no SD, but that's a limit of WP8."

Was this guy talking out his ***, or did HTC get special blessing from MS?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/w...n-mobile-os-p/
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 09-19-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added video link of comments
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    How is it that the 8S is allowed to have a SD card? In the engadget quick hands on, the guy said, "The 8X has 16G of storged, with no SD, but that's a limit of WP8."

Windows Phone 8X by HTC hands-on: Microsoft's modern mobile OS personified in polycarbonate -- Engadget
    The 820 has sd, the 920 doesn't. I'm with ya, it doesn't make sense.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    I really like the two-tone. I was actually wondering what Nokia could do next, and I was like hey maybe then can make a two-tone devices. Looks like HTC beat them to it, but I'm disappointed this is only on the 8S and not also on the 8X.

It's kind of like how the interchangeable covers are only on the 820 and not the 920.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    I really like the two-tone. I was actually wondering what Nokia could do next, and I was like hey maybe then can make a two-tone devices. Looks like SONY beat them to it, but I'm disappointed this is only on the 8S and not also on the 8X.

It's kind of like how the interchangeable covers are only on the 820 and not the 920.
    Fixed that for you :P
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.

I'll admit I'm digging the color palette they chose, but that's about it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post

Windows Phone 8X by HTC hands-on: Microsoft's modern mobile OS personified in polycarbonate -- Engadget
    He's talking out his arse. The Lumia 820 and the Ativ S both have SD card slots.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    Did HTC ask anybody what they thought about the specs before they made this thing? It's so beautiful, but the drawbacks are too great to even consider.

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    Did HTC ask anybody what they thought about the specs before they made this thing? It's so beautiful, but the drawbacks are too great to even consider.
    I agree, the design is so nice but the lower resolution screen kills it. I know that sony had a similar design but HTC's take on it is so much better.

The camera specs sound disturbingly like my 7 Pro (aka Arrive), and that camera is GODAWFUL in practice. Shame. With HTC, cameras are either really good or really bad...there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I agree, both the 8X and the 8S are beautiful. I'm not sure I'd say they're more beautiful than Nokia's Lumia phones. Both design ideals are different and nice looking in each their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Jesus Christ HTC, you almost had me!! Man if you put a front facing camera and the same OneS camera on this baby. It will be the perfect phone.

Perfect you hear me!!

Click to view quoted image

it has a ffc confirmed ny htc representative

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kishanraj217 View Post
    it has a ffc confirmed ny htc representative
    It doesn't