08-30-2013, 01:43 PM #3
- 369 Posts
What shortcomings does it offer? I don't really know how to answer your question. It won't do your laundry. But it'll do pretty much most computing tasks you need it to. Think of it as a Windows PC in tablet form, but it can't run exe files. All apps have to come from the Windows app store.
- 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM #5INSTIGATOR is my Xbox gamer tag. I don't instigate people here.
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM #6
- 12 Posts
Itll do most things you expect a tablet to, with the added bonus of having office included. Windows 7 never had apps, it had programmes, and no, it wont run legacy apps. But as is so often pointed out, you wouldn't expect your iPad to run mac programmes... Just ignore the desktop mode and you'll be fine!
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM #7
- 760 Posts
All apps released through the Windows store run on RT or 8.
You seem to think that its a completely different OS. Its really not much different other than its compiled for a different Chipset. Legacy apps could technically be compiled for ARM processors and then work on RT.
- 08-30-2013, 04:38 PM #9I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
- 08-30-2013, 05:01 PM #10
Just remember it's a ARM tablet just like a iPad or Android tablet. This basically means that you can only run applications and games from the Windows Store.
There are alot of good applications and games available. I love Halo Spartan Assault and Asphalt 7. It also has a USB port and you can connect a Xbox 360 controller, practically any keyboard or mouse. It also has Office preinstalled and in 8.1 Outlook will be included as well.
To me its a better fit than a iPad or android tablet. I can use it in meetings to take notes, do inventory in excel and prepare support documents in Word. After work on the flight home I use it to watch movies and read books etc.
- By KieranH1 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
- By HoserUSC in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 6Last Post: 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM
- By DBDev in forum Windows RTReplies: 2Last Post: 08-30-2013, 10:09 AM
- By kjlietz in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2013, 06:19 AM