Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Calculator 8x
    Fu
    PhotoFunia
    Lucky Stopwatch Free
    NextGen Reader
    ShareAll
    Unpacker
    Youtube Player
    Youtube DJ
    rdubmu likes this.

This is what I've downloaded over the last couple of days:

Apps
    -------

Rowi (Twitter)
    Facebook+ Lite
    UC BrowserHD
    News Bento
    Latermark (Pocket client)
    File Brick
    Mobile.HD
    Netflix
    4 On Demand
    Your Tube 8
    MediaMonkey
    Music Info
    gMusic (Google Music)
    Pow! (comics)
    Echo Comics (comics)
    Tome (Goodreads)

Games
    ----------

Rat On A Scooter / Skateboard (a bit laggy though)
    Shuriken Ninja
    Pop Star
    Spelink
    Last edited by DagsJT; 02-11-2013 at 10:53 AM.

MediaMonkey has an app out now. Better than the built in music player. Seems to be on par with Music Info..

- Calculator2 (best calculator. wow!)
    - YouTube+
    - Picfinity (500px viewer)
    - TuneIn Radio
    - Audials Radio
    - Inrix Traffic
    - OneNote
    - ESPN
    - uTorrent Client (to control uTorrent job running on remote machine)
    - News (Who would thought that the default news app would be the best?)
    - Netflix
    - Nextgen Reader

Too many to list..

I downloaded Pinball fx2 a while ago and whilst browsing through add ons for my xbox noticed that they had just released Star Wars themed tables. Jumped on my Surface and low and behold there sat the Star Wars themed tables. Looks like developers with xbox games are finding it easy to make ports to the RT.

The tables are pretty good and worth the cost in my opinion. Was getting lots of attention on the train on the way in this morning and i dont think it was down to my good looks

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    My favorite music app is Groove.

Has anyone found a Facebook App that works? I guess using the browser for Facebook would be a good option, but I'm looking for a bit more tablet/touch minded.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inorde View Post
    Has anyone found a Facebook App that works? I guess using the browser for Facebook would be a good option, but I'm looking for a bit more tablet/touch minded.
    Mine for Facebook.
    MINE for Facebook - Facebook for Windows 8 | MINE is yours

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I don't have many, but enjoy my Kindle for Windows 8 app for reading Kindle books.
    If you have kids (I do), Khan Academy has a great app for math for the kids. You can download videos to show them off-line as well. It's great to use in the car on the way to/from school when you want them to review something.

Data Collector and Indexer app

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...d-e1feea7ee381

Capture data from different sources and store them locally for quick reference. All text is indexed for fast search. The search feature allows for great flexibility in defining search criteria to narrow search results. The search engine can easily cope with massive amount of data.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    The full version of Game Dev Tycoon is now RT compatible. Been enjoying it on my Surface Pro and saw this little tidbit in the update today, so thought I would pass the news along.
    Thanked by:

I love Comix. I used it daily for comic book reading. I have all my digital comics on SkyDrive and the integration is awesome.
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,259 Global Posts
    Just wanted to give a quick shout out to TED for being awesome

TED APP app for Windows in the Windows Store
    Hey there,
    You Tube RT - free promo on as of this writing, it just might be the best youtube app across any device

MINE for Facebook - free, once again, we think it's the best Facebook app on any platform

OneNote - free, (the app, not the desktop version) I think everyone knows about this one

AppStars - free, awesome and unique way to browse the store

Windows Phone Store - free, a more organized and touch friendly way to browse the WP store

Fotor and it's companion Colour Splash Studio - both free, you just have to try these, easy to use, quality metro UI and professional quality edits

Hope you like these,

Sent from our Surface RT
    HeyCori likes this.

Hi, which app is best for TV listings? And which channels or TV programs have apps available in Windows Store?

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasure25 View Post
    IM+ (free or Pro)

LCARS Interface (For Star Trek fans)
    Haha, the First app I paid for on my Asus Tab RT. Good call!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mms-pc View Post
    Hi, which app is best for TV listings? And which channels or TV programs have apps available in Windows Store?
    I'm not sure about apps in the store, but I use Project Free TV site to stream TV shows and some movies. It works extremely well with Explorer. I even plug it in to my TV to watch on the big screen! No more cable for this guy!!
    HeyCori likes this.

>>AppStars - free, awesome and unique way to browse the store

Looks like this app had been removed from the Windows Store, is there any other substitute app with similar functions available in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    I'm not sure about apps in the store, but I use Project Free TV site to stream TV shows and some movies. It works extremely well with Explorer. I even plug it in to my TV to watch on the big screen! No more cable for this guy!!
    The site you mentioned looks interesting. Do you use the free or pro account? Do you know if it supports subtitles with the streaming? I guess not..
    Quote Originally Posted by mms-pc View Post
    >>AppStars - free, awesome and unique way to browse the store

Looks like this app had been removed from the Windows Store, is there any other substitute app with similar functions available in the store?
    It's still there, change you're region to U.S. (we had to as well, we're from Canada) and search for 'App Stars.'

Hi, I think there's something wrong with The Weather Channel app, recently every time I try to open this app, all I see is the TWC splash screen for a short moment, then it kicks me back to the Start menu, I even try to remove this app and reinstall it, but it doesn't improve. Anyone experienced the same issue?

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    How about a podcast app? I couldn't find anything in the store for audio podcasts that allowed for the full features you find on various mobile phone apps (even the pre).
    Quote Originally Posted by gbafam View Post
    How about a podcast app? I couldn't find anything in the store for audio podcasts that allowed for the full features you find on various mobile phone apps (even the pre).
    Try 'Podcasts!' ...great app.
    Ok, here's a few more:

For those of you that don't know, YouTubeRT has been rebranded as Hyper, the most complete youtube app in the store - Free

Finance Helper - great little budget app that syncs across all your windows devices via the cloud - Free

Pew Pew - retro gaming at it's finest! Hilarious little asteroids like game with the greatest sound effects you'll ever hear in a game :) - Free

Book Bazaar Reader - simply the best epub reader we've come across in a long time - Free

Enjoy and keep posting folks!
    HeyCori likes this.

so far love my rt does so many things I may stay away from my other machines. thank you for the many suggestions
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast