- 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM #1
I finally relented and bought a Nexus 7, despite loathing Android for a long time. I have to admit it's very well done and an exceptional value at $249 for 32 GB version.
That said, I would have been happy to buy a Win RT tablet... but I don't want or need a huge 10-11" tablet for $600. I'm also a bit concerned about the lack of apps right now and where that's going.
If someone makes something similar in quality and price to the Nexus 7, only running Win RT, I will buy one in a heartbeat. Who's with me?
- 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM #3
The Nexus 7 has 1280x800 resolution. WXGA is 1280x768. Maybe you meant 1366x768?
I think that would work fine on a 7" tablet, but if they wanted to bump it up to 8 or even 9" that would be OK by me. I just want something a bit smaller, lighter and cheaper than the current crop if Win RT tablets. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I bet by the second or third generation we will see a nice selection of form factors. I like my Nexus 7, but I would love to be able to replace it with a Win RT tablet with a competitive selection of apps in its marketplace. I'm patient though and I have faith its coming.
12-19-2012, 08:09 AM #5
- 497 Posts
I have no budget for entertainment devices. My hybrid tablet has Win8 Pro, 128 GB storage and runs like a champ. Not the fastest thing you ever seen but it gets the job done for my purposes. I have a total of $330.00 invested in it.Where the people go the app developers will follow.
- By Hammered Pizza in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 11Last Post: 02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
- By Eirenarch in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 01-08-2012, 11:54 PM
- By KingCrimson in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 56Last Post: 10-20-2011, 03:34 PM
- By kallemia in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 48Last Post: 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM
- By JBozz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:35 AM