Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    2,276 Global Posts
    Ordered the Surface RT from Germany yesterday.. now just the long wait :D

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Really? Where'd you hear about this offer? Is there a link with all the terms and conditions?
    You will find it if you do a search. The offer is "up to" $275. A kindle fire only gets you $100, I believe.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kittengirl View Post
    You will find it if you do a search. The offer is "up to" $275. A kindle fire only gets you $100, I believe.
    I did do a search--I saw only up to $250 so I wasn't sure if that was the one. From the post earlier I was under the impression that any tablet would get you the $275, but they actually have certain levels. Kindle Fire or Nook will get you $100, HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook and older iPads will get you $150, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" and Sony Tablet S will get you $250. I do not see a $275 level. I don't own any of these tablets anymore so I don't qualify. Even so, I feel like I'd get more money if I had just sold it on eBay myself. A few months ago I sold a TouchPad for $225, and yesterday I sold my 1st Generation iPad for $240.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymil View Post
    It was on one of those coupon pad things they ha e sitting out by the tablets. I think the offer is running until sometime in December.
    Can you only trade in specific ones like it says online?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Can you only trade in specific ones like it says online?
    I actually didn't realize there were different levels. Gonna have to look now as I was gonna trade in the kindle fire but I have a galaxy tab 7.7 I've been trying to sell and I can't seem to get more than $250-275 for it anyway. They probably don't have it on their list though.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymil View Post
    I actually didn't realize there were different levels. Gonna have to look now as I was gonna trade in the kindle fire but I have a galaxy tab 7.7 I've been trying to sell and I can't seem to get more than $250-275 for it anyway. They probably don't have it on their list though.
    Yeah there's a few more than what I listed, but I see a Galaxy Tab 7.7 on the list. I see 7" and 8.9".

https://tradeupandrecycle.com/tablet/terms-conditions

I did do a search--I saw only up to $250 so I wasn't sure if that was the one. From the post earlier I was under the impression that any tablet would get you the $275, but they actually have certain levels. Kindle Fire or Nook will get you $100, HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook and older iPads will get you $150, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" and Sony Tablet S will get you $250. I do not see a $275 level. I don't own any of these tablets anymore so I don't qualify. Even so, I feel like I'd get more money if I had just sold it on eBay myself. A few months ago I sold a TouchPad for $225, and yesterday I sold my 1st Generation iPad for $240.
    $275 was a typo on my part I guess.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kittengirl View Post
    $275 was a typo on my part I guess.
    Jaymil said $275 first, that's where I got it from.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Waiting on a Surface Pro as well at least the pricing. I want an x86 based because I am dumping my MacBook and what I get will replace that as my laptop and probably my iPad too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I am waiting for UPS to deliver a Asus VivoTab RT. I am going to compare it to the Toshiba Touch screen notbook I bought last weekend. I have a desktop that I would like to sell, but can't seem to find a buyer. So I will be looking for the device that best fits my needs and complements my desktop. :)

I'm hot for the ThinkPad Tablet 2 to complement my i7 Multitouch/Pen 12" x201t-Convertible.

At the moment, I am waiting to get my hands on a new phone and am also in the market for a new laptop (desktop replacement sized 16 - 17"). After that, I will consider a tablet, but it will probably be a year down the road. I am curious to see how the surface fares several months from now and also what a potential nokia tablet would be like. If the new OS catches on, there will be an explosion of tablets within a year's time and people will likely be spoiled for choice, or at least that is what I am counting on.

Peace,
    My smartphone history.

Anybody else waiting for HP Envy X2 here?

Look and build wise liking it most. Negatives are that it seems to cost the most from the atom hybrid tablets in here. I also believe it doesn't come with pen on the box like ATIV smart PC.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    You can get more than $250 for an iPad on Criagslist, especially around the holidays. This time of the year, it seems like people are willing to pay a little more for used gadgets to save money over retail prices.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post

Look and build wise liking it most. Negatives are that it seems to cost the most from the atom hybrid tablets in here. I also believe it doesn't come with pen on the box like ATIV smart PC.
    Maybe if it was cheaper. I don't feel like spending $850 + the cost of a stylus for a device I most likely will be replacing in a year or sooner. I do like the aluminium finish and the fact that it has NFC, but I'm not sure if it uses a wacom active digitizer or some other brand and it has no ports or jacks on the tablet. I have to attach it to the dock if I want to use headphones, plug in a USB device, use expandable storage, or do video out.

Maybe if it was cheaper. I don't feel like spending $850 + the cost of a stylus for a device I most likely will be replacing in a year or sooner. I do like the aluminium finish and the fact that it has NFC, but I'm not sure if it uses a wacom active digitizer or some other brand and it has no ports or jacks on the tablet. I have to attach it to the dock if I want to use headphones, plug in a USB device, use expandable storage, or do video out.
    3.5mm jack and MicroSD slot are on the bottom of the tablet. 3.5mm jack on the right and microSD slot on the left and yes the keyboard also got 3.5mm jack and SD slot. You can see those ports shown on one of the 5 minute youtube videos.

It seems like there is pen, but HP has just been kind of weird with it by not showing it in videos or advertising it.
    There's discussion about it here.
    COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8) - Page 6

You can see the pen mentioned and pictured on the HP's site.
    HP ENVY x2 Features - Ultrathin 11 Inch Tablet | HP Official Site | HP

Though if there's no wacom then it's certainly not for me. In here the price difference between Samsung is around 30 euros so i'm more than happy to pay for the build for the materials on it, even as i'm planning to get core hybrid late next year.
    Last edited by tissotti; 11-03-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    3.5mm jack and MicroSD slot are on the bottom of the tablet. 3.5mm jack on the right and microSD slot on the left and yes the keyboard also got 3.5mm jack and SD slot. You can see those ports shown on one of the 5 minute youtube videos.

It seems like there is pen, but HP has just been kind of weird with it by not showing it in videos or advertising it.
    There's discussion about it here.
    COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8) - Page 6

You can see the pen mentioned and pictured on the HP's site.
    HP ENVY x2 Features - Ultrathin 11 Inch Tablet | HP Official Site | HP

Though if there's no wacom then it's certainly not for me. In here the price difference between Samsung is around 30 euros so i'm more than happy to pay for the build for the materials on it, even as i'm planning to get core hybrid late next year.
    Oh really? Yeah weird that HP didn't mention it on their own product page.

Well in that case, my only two problems now is price (plus stylus isn't included) and is the digitizer made by wacom? Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    So I actually went to the Microsoft Store today to pick up some KontrolFreeks for my Xbox 360 controller, and I got a chance to take a look at the Surface RT and... I kind of want one now. Actually, I really want one now. =/

The touch cover, it worked better than I thought. I remember watching the keynote/launch and Microsoft saying that it would take a few days to get used to it, but after only a couple minutes I got the hang of it and made almost no errors typing.

The screen size seems just right, especially compared to the 10.1" screen of the Asus Vivo Tab RT. I'm not sure why the Vivo Tab RT's screen felt so small, especially because I had an iPad before with a 10.1" screen. It must be the 16:9 aspect ratio. Also, the Surface feels really nice in the hand, and while the screen is no Retina display, it's still pretty decent. I mean, I'm staring at my computer monitor all the time, and I'm not complaining about that.

But yeah, the touch cover is really amazing to me.

Like I said before, I really wish Microsoft made an x86 Atom version of the Surface, because I'd buy that. I could really use the x86 support and digital inking.

And I actually considered getting the Surface Pro when it comes out because of the 1080p resolution and the x86 processor, but it's heavier than I'd like, and if it runs Ivy Bridge, it'll get pretty warm, need a fan, won't get 10 hours of battery life, and won't support connected standby. I really hope they use Haswell instead, but I don't see that happening if the Pro is coming out in January.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I am. I want the longer battery life and fanless ATOM tablet and after seeing the price I figured it would be DOA. After looking at it again they are basically selling you the tablet + the dock (keyboard) whereas a lot of other companies are showing a lower price for their ATOM tablets and the docks are sold seperately. The Envy looks pretty nice though and i'll wait to see a performance review of it. I really want a pro tablet for the digitizer so most likely i'll wait to see what the Surface Pro goes for.

I got me a Surface RT. Got it just Thursday, after it being stuck at Miami for a while... Finally, TSA gave it a go and it's mine now :D :D What an amazing device, I love it and everyone that I have shown it to likes it, too.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just got the Sony Vaio Duo 11 and boy does this fly. I got the i5 version and its awesome. its a perfect size being 11.6", and coming from a 13" MBP im so happy with it. Initially looking at the pictures i was worried about the thickness, but being only 17mm think its just thicker than the MBA being 14mm. I was going to purchase the Surface RT but thinking about it, i really needed the full windows to run some programs. I saw this in the shops today and fell in love with it. For what i need it for (to replace my laptop mainly) this is perfect!

People looking at HP Envy X2 and are planning at using the stylus it seems like X2 wont use wacom. It's a shame because wacom seems to be dominant compared to N-trig.

That said there's no official word from HP, but there's some info that HP envy X2 is using atmel. Atmel is possibly used in Surface Pro as well. Got a wait for some hands on videos to see the performance.

If it's not up there with wacom i have to go for ATIV Smart PC or VIVO tab that are the only atom tablets with wacom inside.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason De Castro View Post
    I just got the Sony Vaio Duo 11 and boy does this fly. I got the i5 version and its awesome. its a perfect size being 11.6", and coming from a 13" MBP im so happy with it. Initially looking at the pictures i was worried about the thickness, but being only 17mm think its just thicker than the MBA being 14mm. I was going to purchase the Surface RT but thinking about it, i really needed the full windows to run some programs. I saw this in the shops today and fell in love with it. For what i need it for (to replace my laptop mainly) this is perfect!
    Is it comfortable to use as a tablet?

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck.bear View Post
    Is it comfortable to use as a tablet?

I almost bought one but ultimately it was just too beastly to be used as a tablet all the time... for me. It didn't have smooth edges for one.. lots of ports yes but it was a really jagged slab. Also the battery life was a super downer.. 4.5 hours or so compared to 8 for a 13.3 inch yoga with similar specs.
    Thanked by:
    RTS2 

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Want the Surface RT...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast