Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoodThings2Life

Anyone just catch the announcement about the new Kindle Fires? Unless Microsoft actually does screw their partners, I think the Surface just unfortunately got killed!

If you missed the specs:

Kindle Fire HD
    - 16GB
    - 8.9-inch 1920x1200
    - OMAP 4470
    - Dual WiFi with MIMO
    - crazy screen tech for use in light and glare reduction
    - gimmicky stuff for voice and all that
    - $299

4G LTE Kindle Fire HD - Same as above, except:
    - 32GB
    - $49.99 ANNUAL access charge with 250MB/month through AT&T (which won't last long, but hey, it's $50/year, and it should cover basic email and web as long as you use WiFi wisely)

I still want a Surface, but can MS cannibalize its partner relations?

Global Posts
    2,541 Global Posts
    Until you can join the Fire to a domain, connect printers, create office documents, run legacy applications, I dont think it will do anything to the Surface.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andygoes View Post
    ...4G LTE Kindle Fire HD - Same as above, except:
    - 32GB
    - $49.99 ANNUAL access charge with 250MB/month through AT&T (which won't last long, but hey, it's $50/year, and it should cover basic email and web as long as you use WiFi wisely)

I still want a Surface, but can MS cannibalize its partner relations?
    This is kind of a joke. 250MB? Download one book and it's gone. Will you get an overage charge from AT&T if you go over?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Is the Kindle Fire cool? Absolutely!

Is it going to sell like hotcakes? Definitely!

Is it going to replace Windows in any format? Not a chance.

But you know what? I'm going to recommend Kindle over iPad every day and twice on Sundays, and I'll recommend a Windows tablet twice every day and thrice on Sundays. :)
    Andygoes likes this.