Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hey there all,

Just made the switch from Android to Windows Phone. I'm looking to get a windows tablet that is obviously currently running windows 7 but I can load windows 8 preview on until windows 8 releases...

I'm looking for advice as to what tablet to purchase today.???

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Acer Iconia W500 is your best bet. It runs windows 8 consumer preview as well. Why not wait for a few more months when the new windows 8 tablets come out though? No one wants out dated hardware!

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I will get a true win 8 tablet once they are released but need something to hold me over until then...

..Gromet

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    ASUS Eee PCs are fantastic.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.
  5. AzD

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Have you run the Windows 8 Consumer Preview? Are you aware of the very limited selection of apps they have at the moment? I would just wait for a fully supported and optimized tablet comes out, but if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, have at it... but remember you will in all likelihood have to purchase the final version of Windows 8 once it is released, so be prepared to add that cost to your analysis.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Acer Iconia W500. I have one right now with Windows 8 CP on it and runs everything with no issues. You can get some refurbs for real cheap too. To me the limited selection of apps is no big deal because Windows 8 runs all programs that windows 7 does and there is tons of windows programs.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    Why not wait for a few more months when the new windows 8 tablets come out though? No one wants out dated hardware!
    The moment an electronic device is produced it is outdated. Impossible to never have out dated hardware.

I bought the MSI windpad 110W & upgraded the ssd to 128GB. Its now running Win 8 CP & I absolutely love it. I use it to impress my clients, presenting my 3D designs with Google Sketup. I have a VGA wireless (WiFi) connection to the LCD projector so that I could walk around the meeting room & up close to each audience to ask them what they would like to see more clearly. I then navigate & zoom in on the 3D design with my fingers including swinging the model 360 degrees without lag.

Reason I choose Windpad over W500 was the smooth touchscreen (glass)besides being thinner & lighter. But this is just a personal choice. Overall I think a Windows tablet is far more practical for me than an iPad or android pad ( which i have as well) as it can be used beyond just FB & checking emails.
    Last edited by ymc932; 04-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.