Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By T Moore

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    We all know how badly Google treats WP8 users. I'm thinking of deleting my Google account and connecting my other accouts to new, Microsoft's mail. Just waiting for Feedly to accept non-Google login. The case is - IE is nice, but is there some sort of AdBlock like for Chrome, that will disable all those crapy ads? Today's web is overflowing with them.

Case nr 2 - my Gmail is my Microsoft Account e-mail. I of cource use it for my Xbox 360, Lumia 920 and Win 8 ultrabook. Should I create a new MS mail and change it in the settings of MS Account mail? All will work well? Outlook.com is the place to go when it comes to Microsoft's mail?

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    There is AdBlock for IE, released fairly recently.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I don't know if I get it right - if I change my MS Account allias to smth @ outlook.com instead of my @gmail.com, which I want to delete, I will have to reset my phone? Not a big deal... besides all those saves from games ;/

When I deleted my @hotmail.com alias by switching over to @outlook.com, I had to totally reset my phone. I, too, lost all of my game data. I'm a huge perfectionist (with a little bit of OCD thrown in), so I couldn't have a @hotmail.com alias when my mailbox was now named Outlook. It depends on how willing you are to delete your Gmail account. I personally have always hated Gmail... It looked too boxy and my spam box was UNBELIEVABLE. I love Outlook.com and will never look back.

I have been using the MVPS host file for years to block ads most major parasites, hijackers and unwanted Adware/Spyware programs!
    I keep the relatives PCs going and put it on all of them. Keeps me from cleaning up spyware.
    Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File
    GardSec likes this.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It looks that I'll have to wait till Microsoft will introduce full cloud backup...