Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Feast your eyes on the "Fly on the Wall at Cupertino" series:
    Reinvented around you. - YouTube

Oh wow. Wait - is that... Steve Jobs!? Not cool, Microsoft. At all.

I was all fired up to switch back to Microsoft from Apple, but I'm not sure I want to be associated with this kind of bad taste; way bad timing!
    Boris Lozac likes this.

Oh, they've been pulled. I'm not surprised.

Article about it:
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 09-15-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Mirror of one of the ads:
    Locutus3d likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    It's an ad. A poor one. It shouldn't influence anything. Don't give it any attention and just move along.

After watching them, I'm not entirely sure that they are meant to be ads at all. As has been commented on at great length, the quality is lacking, the production is awful, and it's just generally all-around bad. There's also no Microsoft branding, just the #timetoswitch tag at the end. This is entirely unlike MS's recent advertising efforts. Maybe this was supposed to be a joke around MS that was accidentally tagged as public?

Either way... they really are their own worst enemy sometimes! (Office 2013 'locked to single machine' licensing, Xbone furore, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrob View Post
    Either way... they really are their own worst enemy sometimes! (Office 2013 'locked to single machine' licensing, Xbone furore, etc)
    This is true. But really, if poor-taste advertising is enough to get you to cancel a switch about which you had been quite excited, then the "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac" commercials ought to have caused you to abandon technology altogether. :-P
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    This is true. But really, if poor-taste advertising is enough to get you to cancel a switch about which you had been quite excited, then the "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac" commercials ought to have caused you to abandon technology altogether. :-P
    Actual LOL!
    allos autos likes this.

Not cool. A Steve Jobs lookalike from behind wearing a black turtleneck (Tim Cook has grey hair). I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft hold a crisis meeting over this and someone gets fired. Once you release something on the internet you can't get it back again.
    evilrob likes this.

no, apparently it only "embarasses" people like you who care about non important things like ads and phones and what others do.

its just an ad, it wont kill an animal or a person, it would pull your pants down when you are ina conference or a speech graduation. its only a stupid video uploaded on internet. its not like 99% of YouTube videos arent stupid anyway, or what? are you embarassed of human race because they do stupid things everyday?

apparently the only ones giving importance to such and "ad" becuase it wasnt really an ad.. its you and others who apparently dont have much to do today besides making a thread about a video that someone made that you didnt like.
    tomorrow you will make more threads about more YouTube videos you find embarassing or bad, or racist, or stupid?

lol please...
    Thanked by:
    neo158 
    eric12341, rdubmu, neo158 and 1 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    That shirt is way too low to be a turtle neck. And if it was supposed to be Jobs, the hair should've been whiter.

Quote Originally Posted by _Emi_ View Post
    no, apparently it only "embarasses" people like you who care about non important things like ads and phones and what others do.

its just an ad, it wont kill an animal or a person, it would pull your pants down when you are ina conference or a speech graduation. its only a stupid video uploaded on internet. its not like 99% of YouTube videos arent stupid anyway, or what? are you embarassed of human race because they do stupid things everyday?

apparently the only ones giving importance to such and "ad" becuase it wasnt really an ad.. its you and others who apparently dont have much to do today besides making a thread about a video that someone made that you didnt like.
    tomorrow you will make more threads about more YouTube videos you find embarassing or bad, or racist, or stupid?

lol please...
    It's just a thread - it won't kill an animal or a person. Apparently you don't have much to do today besides making a post on a thread that someone made that you didn't like.
    Last edited by evilrob; 09-13-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    snowmutt and trwrt like this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I thought it was freaking hilarious. But hey. That's just me.
    First off- welcome to our forums. I have never seen a "introductions" thread so popular. You will fit in.

I am with AOFSOCAL: I laughed. A lot. It was like a good SNL skit. Apple so needs to be made fun of for this kind of thing.

"We are so innovative...but not innovating" kind of thing is what keeps them turning huge profits. More power to them, but .... they just NEED to be made fun of....
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    I think taking things seriously makes life no fun.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY and montsa007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AOFSOCAL View Post
    I thought it was freaking hilarious. But hey. That's just me.
    Hate to break it to ya but it's not just you. I'm right there with you.

I think everyone else who thinks this "isn't cool" is taking it too seriously. If the humor wasn't your cup of tea then that's fine. But why would I be embarrassed by this? I'd be far more embarrassed to pull out my iPhone in public after seeing the new golden iBling 5S crap Apple pulled.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    "That's one month of work"

Now that's funny!
    snowmutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evilrob View Post
    Oh wow. Wait - is that... Steve Jobs!? Not cool, Microsoft. At all.
    At one point in the video (~1:05 mark) the guy says, "...what I'm trying to tell you now, 'T', is that this [blah blah blah]..."

Why would he refer to Steve Jobs as "T"? That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm pretty sure the guy with his back to the camera is supposed to be Tim 'with a T' Cook. I personally didn't find the ad funny, but I'm not insulted by it either.

However, this Apple parody is hilarious...

Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu, Ian Too, iSicle and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavitt76 View Post
    Why would he refer to Steve Jobs as "T"? That doesn't make any sense at all.
    S-tee-eve Jobs?

I always find Conan's parodies to be a bit too laborious, and this one was no exception. Although it is tough for me not to find humor in mocking Apple's goldchain phone.

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    To be fair they do have a point, Apple does not really change much except for ios7.
    I thought that the ads were effective but were not that funny. It was more of a joke than anything, not an add. I didn't find it in poor taste either.

Did I find them funny, just a little bit.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    I see the future and was told by evaleaks that,
    Apple coming up with Iphone 6 next year, made of 18k Rose Gold, Sterling Silver and aluminium and it will have a retina scanner, the other features include
    -8MP Camera
    -Retina Display
    -Same length/Width
    -Same battery
    -Fingerprint scanner
    -Pretty much the design & everything else stays same

We've added a lot of nothing inside it so the price has to go up and yes, Iphone 5c, 5s are being discontinued.

The best Iphone, ever.

Seriously?

I have a hunch that all of these is funded by NSA.

Now, am not sure where these fingerprint database is stored, I hope they have a bulletproof server else its gonna be a bad time if some tosser breaks into it.
    Its not about fruits anymore.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    snowmutt and BIGPADDY like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post

Now, am not sure where these fingerprint database is stored, I hope they have a bulletproof server else its gonna be a bad time if some tosser breaks into it.
    Its not about fruits anymore.
    I believe they said on the presentation that the fingerprint will be stored on the device only.
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    I believe they said on the presentation that the fingerprint will be stored on the device only.
    And you believed it?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Need4Geek likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast