Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts
    First! Ok. Now that's out of the way. I like it. Should let the flood gates of fun open for WP!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

I feel like this opens the door for Elop to become the new MS CEO.
    Thanked by:
    Reflexx, Jazmac, nitin88 and 5 others like this.

Is this event good for us nokia phone users?

Sent from my RM-821_apac_philippines_388 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Big news...hoping it's good for the NOK products to come...as long as there isn't a brain drain after the fact.

why isn't this on the cover wpcentral?!?

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    While there will be many not happy about this news (Fandroids), this is really a great move by Microsoft and for Windows Phone.

Very exciting news!
    Blu3V3nom07 and arvinxi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by arvinxi View Post
    is this event good for us nokia phone users?

Sent from my rm-821_apac_philippines_388 using tapatalk
    yessss!!
    arvinxi likes this.

Elop new CEO... great news ... Great...

Global Posts
    750 Global Posts
    Awesome deal!
    Megalucasta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by giffis View Post
    Elop new CEO... great news ... Great...
    Not new CEO, he essentially becomes the head of the mobile services and devices division.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    This is pretty exciting.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Whats going to happen to nokia branding, will they change the brand company of future lumia devices ?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    As part of the agreement, Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is stepping aside; he's now leading Microsoft's Devices team. That puts him in an odd position with Julie Larson-Green, who Ballmer said will be joining his team, but will also be responsible for other hardware like Surface and the Xbox One. The exact scope of Elop's role isn't exactly clear, and with a soon-to-be-vacant CEO seat we expect plenty of rumors to fly as the acquisition closes.
    The Verge

Hot damn. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it sounds super fishy that Elop adopted this OS and then sold himself back to MS.
    Twitter: @GoodOLMC

MS, please don't screw this up. Keep Nokias key players in place so they can continue to inspire innovation.

Thanked by:
    Slenzen, kokola95 and arvinxi like this.

Here we go... Hopefully they can get their act together and start improving WP!

MS, please don't screw this up. Keep Nokias key players in place so they can continue to inspire innovation.

I'm happy AND sad.

I will miss seeing Nokia branding on my phones. Since Nokia is still going to keep existing as a company, I doubt that MS will be able to use Nokia's name on phones.

I've loved Nokia phones for almost 20 years.

Global Posts
    750 Global Posts
    Nokia phone design, marketing, and development now have unlimited budgets. I can see amazing things coming out of nokia now.

I feel like this could really **** off some OEM's that were on the edge already when it comes to manufacturing devices for the windows mobile ecosystem. I am not sure that I really want to see Microsoft head in apples direction with a single choice for hardware. Having said that it could lead to some really tight hardware integration but then it could also follow the Google/Motorola purchase and produce little to no change at all.

I'm just not sure how to feel about this one, maybe it will become clear when details start flowing.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boo516 View Post
    Not new CEO, he essentially becomes the head of the mobile services and devices division.
    Actually it makes it more likely he may be Microsoft's new CEO when Ballmer steps down. He has been noted as one of the candidates being considered/vetted and it is unlikely Microsoft would have ever hired a new CEO from the outside. This will make him a Microsoft VP.
    Brian Geller likes this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    This is awesome. I use a Blackberry but i also Love Nokia. So Much better than IOS or Android. I still wish Blackberry and Microsoft would team up to overtake IOS and Android. That would be amazing.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.

There is a bad part. If you read the full terms of the deal, Microsoft is losing one of the biggest parts of the Nokia design team in the Design Lead Marko Ahtisaari. As part of the deal, he's going to pursue other activities after Nov, 1. This could lead to a huge shift in design language for Nokia as he was the biggest proponent of the Lumia designs. The link to the terms that states this is here.

Nokia to sell Devices & Services business to Microsoft in EUR 5.44 billion all-cash transaction - Yahoo! Finance
    Thanked by:
    jlzimmerman, Brian Geller and KitN like this.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I'm happy AND sad.

I will miss seeing Nokia branding on my phones. Since Nokia is still going to keep existing as a company, I doubt that MS will be able to use Nokia's name on phones.

I've loved Nokia phones for almost 20 years.
    Hold on, though. If Microsoft can't use Nokia's name, then does that mean the Lumia brand is just going to die? I don't like that.

Honestly, not sure how I feel about this deal. The blog post from Microsoft is saying this will speed up innovation but I'm not so sure about that. We'll see.
    KitN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSC View Post
    I feel like this could really **** off some OEM's that were on the edge already when it comes to manufacturing devices for the windows mobile ecosystem. I am not sure that I really want to see Microsoft head in apples direction with a single choice for hardware. Having said that it could lead to some really tight hardware integration but then it could also follow the Google/Motorola purchase and produce little to no change at all.

I'm just not sure how to feel about this one, maybe it will become clear when details start flowing.

This could lead to faster update distribution. Look what happened with gdr2, too many hardware OEM to support resulting in late updates.
    MDak280 likes this.
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast