Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Sign the petition below to show Google how we feel as a whole community, to what they're doing to their reputation!
    http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...by-microsoft-2

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Many peeple see Microsoft as the devil, but hey, hell's throne is occupied by Google. Bastards.

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00 View Post
    Many peeple see Microsoft as the devil, but hey, hell's throne is occupied by Google. Bastards.
    What an interesting signature you have... :P
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    MisterRhino likes this.

Global Posts
    5,748 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00 View Post
    Hahah awesome signature ;)
    MisterRhino likes this.

yes lets rant!!! ok MS, turn on the trojan horse we all have on our PC, ban every one from Googles services :D ok for three hours only :P
    TOrsha Desai likes this.
    Ambassador

I don't see the point of signing petitions and doing things. Until and unless people completely period, ditch the android platform and phones, Google would be least interested in that.
    Still if you wish to give it a shot, may god help you ;).

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:

Weeks after i switched, my google service usage has dropped like 90%.
    I use bing instead of google
    Nokia drive instead of maps
    Hotmail instead of gmail [even before switching]
    Hell the only thing i use is youtube.

And as Daniel Tosh once said:
    **** you google

MS should just make IE so that it blocks Google ads by default.

I've been slowly weening myself away from Google products but Youtube seems to be the one that is hardest to get away from.

Global Posts
    1,000 Global Posts
    Try my petitions, I note that they may have good reasons and what not. It's also a lot more polite XD
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-windows-phone
    http://t.co/lSvhfdY6e4

Not sure a petition will help. But as of yesterday, Google no longer has access to my data for their purposes.

Here's the easy step to remove your Google Account:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

All I lost was my YouTube personalization - which wasn't much at all. Removing you doesn't give you the option of telling them why. But when I removed Google Chrome from my PC, they did let me share the reason I was leaving. I shared the URL to one of the many articles about them blocking the MSFT Phone YouTube app.

Now I'm 100% Google-free.
    Thanked by:
    Ambassador

^I read this when I was on droid, "Google owns you, just needs your permission once you sign in"

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    5,748 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msdugn View Post
    Not sure a petition will help. But as of yesterday, Google no longer has access to my data for their purposes.

All I lost was my YouTube personalization - which wasn't much at all. Removing you doesn't give you the option of telling them why. But when I removed Google Chrome from my PC, they did let me share the reason I was leaving. I shared the URL to one of the many articles about them blocking the MSFT Phone YouTube app.

I could go 100% Google free except for YouTube. Not sure how I could realistically give that up.
    nadoj and safeer2222 like this.

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    YouTube is the sole reason why i can't be 100% Google free, Then again i don't even have a YouTube account.

Call me 99.9% Google free. :)
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I ended up writing what looked like a novel when I was asked why I was stopping my use of Google Chrome. I think I got carried away...
  15. tgp

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts
    I shared the URL to one of the many articles about them blocking the MSFT Phone YouTube app.
    I'm sure that was news to them! I can just picture the scene in Mountain Veiw "Oh crap, I had no idea! Let's call an emergency meeting... "
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!
    Metotube works for me, just started using it I think it's much better than you tube app and I deleted you tube off my phone for good. 99% free.
    Gurggles likes this.
  17. tgp

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    Metotube works for me, just started using it I think it's much better than you tube app and I deleted you tube off my phone for good. 99% free.
    I don't think that makes any difference. Both apps are developed by someone other than Google. You're still using YouTube's services.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Won't sign your petition I'm afraid, as I don't want to encourage anyone to use any Google service. Of principle, I never help people to do something harmful to themselves.

I have however, deleted my Google account. Interestingly, it wouldn't let me sign into the account in the first place, as I block 3rd party cookies. That is all the reason I need to advise people NEVER to use Google services.
    a5cent and Gurggles like this.

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts
    Funny , Google is actually harming its own users (youtube users) to destroy competing platform (WP8 userbase)

Signed. Its only at 267 signatures

Deleted my Google account last year. YouTube to me is just like any trivia website on the internet which I occasionally visited to view videos without having to login. As and when I do use YouTube, its mainly for watching videos about Windows 8 & Windows Phone.
    I am blissfully happy living in a Microsoft ecosystem ��
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    Strange thing today, this morning 5:00am I deleted the you tube app yes the good add free version on my Lumia 822 and just got home from work like every other day and my battery is still at 94% when it is normally at about 44% just wondering if the you tube app was really bringing it down that much.
    Nothing else was changed on the phone, settings or apps.

As much as i'd like to see MS block all google products, a tit for tat war wont solve this issue, so far the media are showing MS as the victim,
    while this is the case they'll gain support, but if the get into the whole "one-upmanship" thing it becomes hard to distinguish the good guys from the bad

Original fault is with Microsoft for patent trolling every Android smart phone manufacturer. We seem to be the only ones suffering, though.

Quote Originally Posted by denzilla View Post
    Original fault is with Microsoft for patent trolling every Android smart phone manufacturer. We seem to be the only ones suffering, though.
    I disagree. The original fault is with Android OEM's for violating patents, without licensing agreements, to sell their equipment. The opportunity to license was there and they chose to go ahead anyway. It's hardly patent trolling, especially for a company built on the model MSFT was, to enforce the fees associated with their patent portfolio. It would be akin to Google not enforcing their advertising agreements and giving up that revenue. MSFT has been built on licensing agreements and intellectual property rights and to not enforce those, at this point in their business, would undermine the whole structure of the company.
    Thanked by:
    Rhody#WP, a5cent, Ian Too and 2 others like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast