Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    I have had Blackberry smartphones since the first Storm. I have had a couple other phones (Samsung Ace (the Windows 6.1 one) and Motorola Dext), but I haven't exactly been happy with them.

I currently have the Bold 9790, which works perfectly fine but I'm getting a bit tired of it. I don't trust Android and I can't afford an iPhone, so I've been looking at the 520. But I'm worried that I will regret the decision, and since I'll be renewing my Tab It's not exactly a reversible decision.

Those of you that came from Blackberry, do you find you really miss anything? Anything you regret not having?
    Thanks.
    I switched from BlackBerry to Windows Phone back in April 2012.

I had a BB 9700 and was eligible for an upgrade for 11 months at that time. BB10 was still "coming soon" back then, and I saw the CES 2012 reports. I used Nokia prior to BB, and I liked Nokia hardware build quality. At that time, I had issues with BB (freezing and hourglassing).

When the Nokia Lumia 900 became available, I got it on release date. I have no regrets. I do not miss the reboots upon every app install/update, nor the 5+ minute times to reboot.

I'd love to update to WP8, but my contract will not be upgradeable until next year, thanks to AT&T.

I do not miss anything from BB at this point, since the long reboot times and battery pulls were really undesirable. Windows Phone is much better to me.
    Muessig and TechFreak1 like this.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    owned/own almost every blackberry up until BB10... worked on BB tech support for a few years

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I still carry a blackberry (not BB10) along with a lumia 920. I like the physical keyboard and shortcuts programmed to keys on the BB. I like the WP screen, speed of device, user interface and camera. Hoping Microsoft will improve WP versions of word and excel and pdf reader.

I am still a blackberry user since 2006. I also carry a blackberry 9900 and lumia 920 now. The only reason I still cannot replace,my blackberry with is its keyboard. I feel that I have yet to find anything to replace a physical keyboard. However, other than that, Lumia 920 is simply awesome. I have been a loyal Nokia Lumia supporter since Lumia 800.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I just came from curve 9315, ' wanted to get the z10 or q10 but price is too high and os is still young. I have a lumia 521 and really like it.

Global Posts
    4,506 Global Posts
    I still have a BlackBerry. I love my Z10! I think you should give BB10 a go because it is a very nice OS. I don't own a WP8 device currently but Windows Phone would be my next choice after BB10. I think they both have a lot going for them.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I had a 9800 and still carry a curve for work. I bought an L820 on launch day and sold my 9800. Biggest things I miss from my BB are the notification LED and profile customization for ringtones/alerts/etc.. Battery life is extremely poor also. However I note that BB10 has many issues too. I also have a Playbook which is mostly useless too. I got tired of waiting for BB10 and I've looked at the Z10 and Q10 and don't see anything impressive enough to make me switch back. Overall fairly satisfied with WP8 at this point.
    Common Sense Computing Advice
    cscomputingblog.com

Blackberry is getting killed today after missing earnings expectations. I think we might be seeing more converts in the near future.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    I just went into the Crackberry forums...it looks really bloody there now...
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    4,506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Blackberry is getting killed today after missing earnings expectations. I think we might be seeing more converts in the near future.
    Yes...the earnings report itself wasn't bad...but the BB10 sales numbers were :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    I just went into the Crackberry forums...it looks really bloody there now...
    It really is. I have been trying to avoid it haha

I came from Curve Missing BBM :(

Global Posts
    915 Global Posts
    I have a BB9900 for work but still use my Lumia 920 for personal. Honestly, I don't know how people used those devices for personal use other than BBM Which I consider overrated. I haven't used BB10 enough to comment on it, just a few demos.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I came from a curve and wanted to throw it against the wall everytime that loading symbol would appear or having to pull the battery out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    I came from a curve and wanted to throw it against the wall everytime that loading symbol would appear or having to pull the battery out.
    The constant hourglassing is what ultimately made me quit using BlackBerry.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    The constant hourglassing is what ultimately made me quit using BlackBerry.
    Your right, that's what it was. I remember installing a bunch of apps and the phone taking over 5 min to boot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Your right, that's what it was. I remember installing a bunch of apps and the phone taking over 5 min to boot.
    I got hourglassing and had to do battery pull just from using the browser, and I was running hybrid shrunken OSes all the time.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I came from a Torch 9850. Honestly, the only thing I miss so far is that notification LED light. Other than that, I'm really loving my 822. I'm not interested in a billion fart apps so the app gap argument is lost on me.

Global Posts
    2,147 Global Posts
    Wow man. I feel for you man. That's gutting I never knew BB OS was that bad

luckily WP doesn't do that :-)
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a 9800, haven't touched it in weeks. Seems to have a limit on the amount of memory I could use for apps before the endless reboot occurs.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I still have my curve beside lumia 920. I use it just for bbm with my gf and after a couple days it will show the clock and need battery pull with a few minutes for booting 😞

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    I came from a Bold 9900 and only miss the bedtime mode. I really loved it.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sueha View Post
    I came from a Bold 9900 and only miss the bedtime mode. I really loved it.
    That was cool. I had charging pods, so I'd put the BlackBerry in bedtime mode, drop it in the charging pod and use it as a clock.

I still have a Bold 9000 in a pod in my nightstand for use as a clock/alarm. The only thing I miss is the keyboard and profiles, I actually like not having an led blinking at me all day long.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    4,506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Wow man. I feel for you man. That's gutting I never knew BB OS was that bad

luckily WP doesn't do that :-)
    BBOS was pretty bad at times lol luckily BB10 is much better! None of that crap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast