Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eren Cihangir
  • 1 Post By WavingReds

The title says it all.

https://www.change.org/petitions/mic...x-one-features

I've created a petition to tell Microsoft that while the reversal of their controversial DRM policies is welcomed by most of the community, there are still those of us who wanted the new features and would like a way to opt-in for that system.

Please sign and share the petition if you are in favor of flexibility and consumer choice!

Thank you.

In addition, if you have any comments or concerns regarding ways I can improve this message or share it with a larger audience, please feel free to respond. I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions, which is exactly the point of this petition in the first place!
    AiR DEGETA likes this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Troll thread?

Why would it be a troll thread?

I would prefer the previous XBox One features. Just saying, being able to family share is awesome but people are too short sighted to see what the real benefits of it is.
    AiR DEGETA likes this.

^ this

Please, sign my petition and spread the word! Tell Microsoft we want the choice!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WavingReds View Post
    Why would it be a troll thread?

I would prefer the previous XBox One features. Just saying, being able to family share is awesome but people are too short sighted to see what the real benefits of it is.
    Please, share said hidden benefits.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    I think they should have DRM options in the Xbox Account page on the Xbox website.
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    They should not have changed the no disk option. I thought we were all finally moving forward.

Global Posts
    1,729 Global Posts
    I would not sign it unless they remove the phsyical disc limits... I like to be able to buy and sell physcial discs(even used games). I would love if they would just offer those features for digtial downloads and I would sign it... that would make amost everyone happy.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

What you want is straight impossible, they would need to bring back the old DRM in the first place to make "opt-in" even work, but then you woulnt have opt-in anyway because the online checks etc would be required in the first place, thus disc based DRM is not coming back and nor are the features for it, but the digital titles should still have all the features they promised, only family sharing is still in the dark right now.

Global Posts
    1,729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    They should not have changed the no disk option. I thought we were all finally moving forward.
    You can do that now...Just buy your games off Xbox live... Most games are up there within a few weeks of release. Anyway about it to make everyone happy, you would need to use a phsyical disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Storl View Post
    What you want is straight impossible, they would need to bring back the old DRM in the first place to make "opt-in" even work, but then you woulnt have opt-in anyway because the online checks etc would be required in the first place, thus disc based DRM is not coming back and nor are the features for it, but the digital titles should still have all the features they promised, only family sharing is still in the dark right now.
    In what way is it imposable to bring back the DRM for digital downloads only ? This would of been the best way for Microsoft to do this. Let's use this example, as I have posted else where on this site.

Treat digital downloads and Phsyical discs as DIFFERENT THINGS. If you buy your game digital, you get the advantage of the whole old DRM setup (family share, no disc in drive, etc) but, if you want the Physical disc, your limited to the old type/current of setup (needing the disc in the drive, need to share the physical disc, etc) to allow trading, selling/buying used discs. In time people will see the advanage of getting games digitaly and IN TIME (not overnight, like MS tried to do) we can all move to a all digital model.

24 hour checks would not be needed as there is not any physical media to check, your digital downloads would be tied to your account in the cloud, and this would allow sharing with out needing to check your console every day (would only need to be checked on your "shared" family members when the game is played).

This type of model would be just about the ONLY way to make EVERYONE happy here. You want to buy and sell your games, you buy a phsical disc. You want to share, not need the disc in the drive, etc, you buy it digtialy...Simple.

You can't change a system that was ALWAYS based on physical media over night, you saw the backlash and there will always be. Microsoft needs to make a happy medium here and instead of working with people or allowing it to a PUBLIC VOTE (I think would of been the best thing MS could of done here) they just reversed everything.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Snip
    thus disc based DRM is not coming back and nor are the features for it, but the digital titles should still have all the features they promised, only family sharing is still in the dark right now.

Reading, it helps :P