Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bjd223
  • 4 Post By squire777
  • 1 Post By WavingReds

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Not sure where this belongs

I feel Microsoft needs to stop using celebs to advertise WP because we all know every celeb has an iPhone. Pretty much every celeb has an account with an app that WP does not have. Microsoft needs to focus on getting all popular apps and not similar apps that only WP users can use. IMO if a celeb has an account on an app y phone doesn't have I will not want to get that phone. I know it's stupid for a lot of people but in order for WP to be a success it needs to catch everyone's interest and that will let it have endless possibilities and not die before it can show its potential.
    Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I disagree, Holly Willoughby in the UK has been on TV adverts but also attended other events expressing how good the phone is. These events have been to influential bloggers and other social net users who in turn have many users that can be influenced by their opinions. I saw she did an event to UK mums, it was a fairly small group but created a lot of good publicity in the right places. I noticed subsequent blog posts by some of the attendees saying how much they liked their new phone. This is the kind of free knock on publicity you do need.
    Yellow Lumia 920

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Here in the USA we have celebs who are in the WP commercials but frequently post on instagram and other apps that are not available to wp

I hope you know that many celebrities have people post updates for them. Either an assistant or PR person.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

With the way society is obsessed with celebrities these days it would be stupid of MS to not use any kind of celebrities to promote their products.
    I think they should get the people from Duck Dynasty to advertise WP.

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    lol, but Phil hates phones :/ he even threw one away on an episode
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    lol, but Phil hates phones :/ he even threw one away on an episode
    Dont give it to Phil , give it to Si that would be hilarious.

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    With the way society is obsessed with celebrities these days it would be stupid of MS to not use any kind of celebrities to promote their products.
    Yes exactly, people these days will follow their favourite celebrities.

If Microsoft had advertised in this horrible movie series called Twilight, a bunch of girls would be using WP now :p
    Thanked by:
    clbarker10 likes this.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    People love celebrities... If Kim Kardashian walked down the street flashing a windows phone how many people do you think would go buy one... A lot of people would say 'Nah I'd never do that' but a lot would!

Personally... Celebrity endorsements of products do nothing to sway my decision but it does work for some.
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Black

Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    People love celebrities... If Kim Kardashian walked down the street flashing a windows phone how many people do you think would go buy one... A lot of people would say 'Nah I'd never do that' but a lot would!

Personally... Celebrity endorsements of products do nothing to sway my decision but it does work for some.
    yes just what we want, a bunch of people buying windows phone just because kim kardashian has one, and then going home to find out they can't follow her on instagram because there is no app.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I think they should get the popular apps and features as they grow prior to having big endorsements because with the young generation if the apps that are available to that phone are not what everyone else has that can kill any product, I could make the greatest phone or tablet but if it's not relevant to the other popular products I won't sell, I love my WP and like how I have seen it grow but it's taking a bit to long just my opinion

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    I really need to see that... I've been hearing about that show.

Speech - Download Now | OS-Integrated Personal Assistant | Featured On WMPoweruser!

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeemm View Post
    I think they should get the popular apps and features as they grow prior to having big endorsements because with the young generation if the apps that are available to that phone are not what everyone else has that can kill any product, I could make the greatest phone or tablet but if it's not relevant to the other popular products I won't sell, I love my WP and like how I have seen it grow but it's taking a bit to long just my opinion
    Microsoft has the funds to throw at it, they could get the latest apps tomorrow if they really wanted... Recently though there's been quite a large amount of new apps appearing though :)
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Black
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    Microsoft has the funds to throw at it, they could get the latest apps tomorrow if they really wanted... Recently though there's been quite a large amount of new apps appearing though :)
    And then companies will just refuse to develop for WP unless they get a massive payout, to the point that MS can't sustain it. Sure having money to throw at it is good but it has to be sustainable.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

"because we all know every celeb has an iPhone"

Quoting Big Bill himself.

"Thats the stupidist f*^$#@!@ think I've ever head of".........
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    If Microsoft has to have Windows Phone versions of the top 100 iOS and Android apps then real, believable celebrity endorsements will follow. In fact, they'd be able to cancel the endorsement contracts of celebrities who are caught using Instagram on an iPhone or Galaxy, etc.

This is related. Jimmy Kimmel's newest bit about celebrities reading mean tweets went up and Windows Phones represent well enough. Also, it's a funny skit, so double fun.

There are 13 celebrities, 9 with iPhones, 3 with Windows Phones, 1 unknown.

iPhone - Kate Mara, Zach Braff, Russel Brand, Brad Paisley, Kelly Ripa, , Elisabeth Moss, Jessica Simpson, Kid Rock, Ray Romano
    920 - Jessica Alba, Andy Sandberg
    8X - Gwen Steffani
    Andoid - None
    Unknown - Julie Bowen