• 1 Post By HeyCori
  • 3 Post By ttsoldier
  • 1 Post By justop26
  • 3 Post By a5cent
  • 1 Post By WanderingTraveler
  • 1 Post By WanderingTraveler
  • 1 Post By Cleavitt76
  1.    #1  
    Revenue hit $20.49 billion, up from $17.41 last year. Net income was $6.06 billion.

Dead company walking.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

Cool. Coolcoolcool.
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartdog View Post
    Cool. Coolcoolcool.
    Your Community reference did not go unnoticed. lol
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Thanked by:
    Bartdog likes this.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    King Microsoft, gods of technology has done it again!

Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    Microsoft is dead. Windows 8 is the death of Microsoft. Windows 8 killing PC sales

Dream on haters.

Edit. Windows 8 is a failure.
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/18/tech...source=cnn_bin
    Last edited by ttsoldier; 04-18-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori, Laura Knotek and jomarr like this.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    Revenue hit $20.49 billion, up from $17.41 last year. Net income was $6.06 billion.

Dead company walking.
    Meanwhile....

aapl.png

The gods of technology, Microsoft have done it again!

Way to go MS. They're growing in every major area or their business even though most of the media is constantly predicting that their death is imminent. Windows sales are up even though most of the media is reporting that Windows 8 is a failure and that the PC industry is dying. Profits are up 19% even though just last week Goldman Sachs downgraded their stock rating.

Goldman Sachs drops Microsoft stock rating from Neutral to Sell | Windows Phone Central
    Last edited by Cleavitt76; 04-18-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Great, Microsoft! That only proves how biased the media is, and how sheep-like most consumers are.
    interopbyt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavitt76 View Post
    Profits are up 19% even though just last week Goldman Sachs downgraded their stock rating.
    If it isn't a complete no-brainer, you can usually trust Goldman Sachs to publicly recommend one course of action and then turn around and do the exact opposite with their own money.

Nothing they say has any purpose, other than to facilitate the transfer of wealth onto their own pockets.

Can anyone explain why there is such a bias against Microsoft? Why do people want it to go away in favor of apple and google? I honestly don't get it. Almost every tech site I visit has an anti Microsoft bias to it. The Verge especially. All the while it seems like google and apple can do no wrong to these people. Its so frustrating always hearing doom and gloom about Microsoft. I'm glad their earnings report shows they're doing well.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    If it isn't a complete no-brainer, you can usually trust Goldman Sachs to publicly recommend one course of action and then turn around and do the exact opposite with their own money.

Nothing they say has any purpose, other than to facilitate the transfer of wealth onto their own pockets.

Agreed. That is why I bought even more MS stock after Goldman Sachs made their recommendation to sell. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.
    I've been waiting for the perfect time to say this. This is almost too perfect.

Haters gonna hate!
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
    HeyCori likes this.

Apple gets way more ahte than Microsoft, go on youtube and search for Iphone 5 parody and watch the comments and the views... i dont know why they get so much hate really.

Microsoft gets alot aswell.

Great Results, happy with Xbox 360s, Xbox Live, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.8, aswell Office 2013 is rock solid +.+
    Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post
    Apple gets way more ahte than Microsoft, go on youtube and search for Iphone 5 parody and watch the comments and the views... i dont know why they get so much hate really.

Where I live, Apple and its products are deemed perfect.
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
    justop26 likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post

Great Results, happy with Xbox 360s, Xbox Live, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.8, aswell Office 2013 is rock solid +.+
    Nope. Microsoft is deemed as inferior to Macs, iPhones. iPads and Galaxies. They are the "it" thing now. Once Windows Phone blows up watch Windows 8 and the Surface boost sales. It's not as cool as the Galaxies and iProducts right now. Most Windows Phone users I know have a lot of knowledge about the products and the people who own WP8 Phones will surely benefit Microsoft, Nokia and (probably) HTC with their sales. One of my co-workers though think the WP8 is such an expensive and elite device and hates her Galaxy Phone. She want a WP8 now. Then of course I agreed and is now eyeing for a WP8 device.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMamba2012 View Post
    Can anyone explain why there is such a bias against Microsoft? Why do people want it to go away in favor of apple and google? I honestly don't get it. Almost every tech site I visit has an anti Microsoft bias to it. The Verge especially. All the while it seems like google and apple can do no wrong to these people. Its so frustrating always hearing doom and gloom about Microsoft. I'm glad their earnings report shows they're doing well.
    I think a lot of it is simply because when it comes to tablets and smart phones, Apple and Google have most of the market share. MS is just getting started in tablets (current generation at least) and they just started marketing Windows Phone starting with WP8. The media tends to focus on whatever will get the most people to read their articles. If its politics they focus on the dumbest politicians that say the most absurd and inaccurate things, instead of the ones that are acctually trying to make a difference (all two of them). If its world news they focus on every bomb that has gone off in the world that day which makes it seem as though the appocolipse is just days away (every single day). If its technology they focus on the brands/devices that most people have and ignore anything that isn't already well established. Ironically, the media coverage of already popular devices makes those devices even more appealing to the average consumer which increases market share which increases media attention. It's a continuous loop and it is difficult to stop the cycle once it reaches "critical mass". Eventually though, the status quo becomes boring, people aren't that interested in the 87,000th iPhone 5 review, and the media focuses on whatever new shiney object the market is mesmorized by.
    Last edited by Cleavitt76; 04-19-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    justop26 likes this.