How do i transfer Office i have on my Pc to my Phone without using Skydrive ?

I can do that using Skydrive but how do i do that without Skydrive ? By Zune?
    Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post
    How do i transfer Office i have on my Pc to my Phone without using Skydrive ?

I can do that using Skydrive but how do i do that without Skydrive ? By Zune?
    It depends. If you have a wp7, you can only transfer Offices "files" (docs, PDF,etc) through email and Skydrive.

On wp8, all you have to do is connect your phone to your computer. Open up the folder that is your phone. Should be either the phones's name or the name you gave it using the wp8 desktop app.

After you open the folder, copy and paste the "file(s)" in the "documents" folder. Whatever the file, it should be saved within its corresponding application. Doc/office, pdf/Pdf Viewer.

I have tried that, and the documents never appear. They are on the SD card, but nowhere in the applications. Does it only work in the Main Memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
    I have tried that, and the documents never appear. They are on the SD card, but nowhere in the applications. Does it only work in the Main Memory.
    I have an 8X, so no SD card. I did some quick research for you on Microsoft.com and you cannot transfer files from SD card. SD card is only used for music/video/ and app installs.

Take the SD card out, then do the connect the phone and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    It depends. If you have a wp7, you can only transfer Offices "files" (docs, PDF,etc) through email and Skydrive.

On wp8, all you have to do is connect your phone to your computer. Open up the folder that is your phone. Should be either the phones's name or the name you gave it using the wp8 desktop app.

After you open the folder, copy and paste the "file(s)" in the "documents" folder. Whatever the file, it should be saved within its corresponding application. Doc/office, pdf/Pdf Viewer.
    Thanks, this explain everything... iŽll keep using Skydrive then.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    Yeah, I personally find SkyDrive better... I can edit on my phone, have it sync straight back up to the SkDr, and then edit it on the laptop/desktop.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    If you use Skydrive, you can directly edit the file on the office web app on your laptop, and just save directly to Skydrive.

That's quicker than syncing, dowloading, editing, uploading and syncing again.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Unless you have the SkyDrive app installed on your PC, which handles the syncing automatically - and quickly.