02-26-2013, 12:35 AM #3
- 40 Posts
"As of December, 2012, the Marketplace had more than 150,000 apps available."
Windows Phone Store - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Over the last year we’ve certified and published over 75,000 new apps and games (more than doubling the catalog size)..."
Reflecting on 2012: scale and opportunity
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM #8
- 102 Posts
If you look at the Android Store for example, yes 700.000 apps on there.
When you look properly and break it down the majority are crap like wallpapers, stupid apps, mild porn, ringtones, web link apps etc.
Yes Android/Apple does have more choice, but come on seriously how many apps does the average Joe have in their smartphone?
10 - 20?
Yes Windows phone does need to play catch up but progress is been made, admitted slow. The only apps personally would like to see in the Uk are a few more Banking apps(Though only in the last few weeks we have seen Natwest and Rbs apps appear on the marketplace and Barclays to follow) and some dedicated BBC apps, apart from that the big apps are there for me. I emailed the BBC about the lack of support but they have promised future development. So figures like the Apple store and Android store have thousands more does not always show the full story.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex beta
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM #9
- 358 Posts
My question is, does Microsoft count the apps with the exact same name and exact same icon more than once? Because these apps with the same name and a lot of cases exact same icon but from different publishers show up a lot.
- By the_tyrant in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 21Last Post: 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 43Last Post: 09-29-2012, 01:18 PM
- By MathiasVerden in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 25Last Post: 09-16-2012, 07:38 AM
- By madhouse1616 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
- By martin_strahilovski in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM