Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HeyCori

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Serious question as I have a Surface RT. What do you mean by "full Outlook"? I have an Outlook account that my RT retrieves mail from, and my gmail is automatically forwarded to Outlook (trying to get off the google tit). What am I missing that the full Outlook provides or am I just dumb for not knowing (that part is rhetorical!!).

Meaning I want more than just the mail side of the service. I'd like to see the whole outlook.com functions as the mail part on my Rt. Not just streamed email list.

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Isn't this only for the UI? I use my Hotmail account as my primary and "switched" to outlook.com a while ago, but I still have my "Hotmail" account.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawboh86 View Post
    Isn't this only for the UI? I use my Hotmail account as my primary and "switched" to outlook.com a while ago, but I still have my "Hotmail" account.
    The @hotmail domain will continue to live on.

I use @live and I have no idea where I fall in all this.
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    This only changes the UI to "metro" or outlook.com style. This has nothing to do with Outlook in Office unfortunately. I would love to have Outlook on my RT device but I don't think they will ever release it to RT. The worthless email app is all we will ever have. MS has become a confusing mess with all the name changing and little to no explanation. Messenger to Skype is another mess. As well as RT and Pro. I keep up with it and I don't know all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    This only changes the UI to "metro" or outlook.com style. This has nothing to do with Outlook in Office unfortunately. I would love to have Outlook on my RT device but I don't think they will ever release it to RT. The worthless email app is all we will ever have. MS has become a confusing mess with all the name changing and little to no explanation. Messenger to Skype is another mess. As well as RT and Pro. I keep up with it and I don't know all the details.
    What ? Dude Messenger is dead, all your contacts will merge to Skype, is that too difficult for you to understand ? -.-

You can acess Outlook.com on your internet explorer RT device, just like i do on my laptop, although i also use mail app, its pretty neat since i know when i receive a mail even if im watching movies or series.

Basically you will only need to use Skype, if you log with you Microsoft account your Messenger Friends that update to Skype will be there aswell. Dont Worry, its as easy as 2+2.

On RT and Pro:

RT is a simple Tablet, just like the Ipad you can only do basic things on it like read newspapers, surf the web, get some apps.

Pro is a full laptop/tablet all in one - You can do all like in a normal Windows 8 Pc, includes playing games like Diablo 3 or Call of Duty.

How is this a mess ? Maybe for 80s years old people i have to agree.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post
    What ? Dude Messenger is dead, all your contacts will merge to Skype, is that too difficult for you to understand ? -.-

You can acess Outlook.com on your internet explorer RT device, just like i do on my laptop, although i also use mail app, its pretty neat since i know when i receive a mail even if im watching movies or series.

Basically you will only need to use Skype, if you log with you Microsoft account your Messenger Friends that update to Skype will be there aswell. Dont Worry, its as easy as 2+2.

On RT and Pro:

RT is a simple Tablet, just like the Ipad you can only do basic things on it like read newspapers, surf the web, get some apps.

Pro is a full laptop/tablet all in one - You can do all like in a normal Windows 8 Pc, includes playing games like Diablo 3 or Call of Duty.

How is this a mess ? Maybe for 80s years old people i have to agree.
    I wasn't asking a question. I know the differences. But go ask the general public what's going on and they don't have a clue. MS hasn't made it clear to anybody who doesn't keep up with a blog what all the differences are. And I was referring to Outlook for Office which is not outlook.com. MS has full Outlook Office for RT they just won't release it.