Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

I have a NL920, and I bought a Samsung flash to my mother. I know one colleague with one blue NL920. I tried to convince my wife to switch from iPhone, but no luck. I had convinced my sister and her husband to buy the NL900, but they exchanged them for iPhones after one week. I still have my iPhone 5.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Went to a concert for the local middle school orchestra and saw two people with L900s.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    I have 2 colleagues with 8s and hd7 also 3 friends with lumias + my sister uses my old hd7 now. I have 8x. Most my friends have Android and 3-4 have iPhones. Actually iPhones are less than WP. In the office (10 people) 3 WP, 3 Androids, 3 iPhones, 1 doesn't have a smartphone
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    My mother has my old Omnia W, a friend has my old Omnia 7, a coworker has a Lumia 920, a friend's boyfriend and another coworker have both a Lumia 800, I have a HTC 8X, that's it.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    3,296 Global Posts
    I don't know anyone with a windows phone but I have seen quite a few in the wild.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Oddly enough my grandmother was recommended by Rogers to get the 920 because she was looking for a phone with a good camera. I didn't know she was getting a new phone so I had nothing to do with it. I just thought it was so crazy that my own grandmother got a 920. Maybe this signals WP's turning point as far as popularity. Heh.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY and abel920 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    Oddly enough my grandmother was recommended by Rogers to get the 920 because she was looking for a phone with a good camera. I didn't know she was getting a new phone so I had nothing to do with it. I just thought it was so crazy that my own grandmother got a 920. Maybe this signals WP's turning point as far as popularity. Heh.
    Good heavens, a phone salesman actually recommended the Lumia! When I was looking for them around launch they did not have a clue. I walked in to one store and the guy mentioned some phones and I informed him that I was not interested in them, I was looking for the Lumia 920 for the camera ability. He then pointed me to a Motorola and said "don't worry most cameras are 8 megapixels now so they are all the same". In the distance I heard Stephen E slam his fist down on his Nordic desk. Now I couldn't be bothered explaining why he was wrong, and in any case, the Lumia is 8.7 megapixels so I still win.

Kudos to your Grandmother.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    I see plenty of 'em around work these days. Then again, I work for a carrier, so I dunno what that info is worth to you.
    Thanked by:
    bawboh86, BIGPADDY and abel920 like this.

I don't know anyone with a Windows Phone, but maybe I shouldn't expect to at the moment, because WP (8 at least) is so new. Most folk I know are on contract and midway through, so they're not going to change for a time. I know quite a few teenage girls who are quite happy to have some old rubbish phone and are quite happy to upgrade to some slightly less old rubbish phone because that what their mates do, and they don't do OSs anyway. I know old die hard iOS and Android fanboys who will never change. However, I'll say this, when I've shown my 820 to non WP users, without exception, the reaction has been "Wow", with perhaps the caveat that a few have commented that "It looks very complicated". Make of that what you will.

I had a comment last night that my phone was pants, because it was a Windows phone. I just couldn't be bothered arguing, there were kids about.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I know 5 people. 3 are happy and 2 can't wait to switch.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I had a comment last night that my phone was pants, because it was a Windows phone. I just couldn't be bothered arguing, there were kids about.
    Your phone was pants?

Quote Originally Posted by LeLee092 View Post

I have a friend who's an android user (and owns a macbook pro but really doesnt want an iphone o.0) who wants to switch to a windows, but he's waiting for Windows to get instagram to switch :P
    I own a MBP too but never thought of having an iPhone. I was a staunch Nokia (symbian) user before I got my very first L610 before upgrading to HTC8X.

I discovered that one of my co workers has a Lumia 822. He works day shift and leaves his wireless charger at work, so I've been using it a night.

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts
    A coworker had a Titan II and then an 8X. This dude's an addict, but it's kinda cool. He got the DNA in December and has pre-ordered the new HTC One. An Apple-hater, I even caught him with an iPhone 5.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just me and one other girl that is a semester ahead of me in the nursing program have WP8 phones. I have the 822 and she has a 920. Everyone else has an iPhone; only one other girl has an android. Out and about, I never see windows phones, ever.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    My brother and some colleagues. Even my hard-core apple fanboy friend with a iP5 have started to ask questions about which apps are available.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex
    I know a lot of people who Windows Phone. to many to count. :)
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I know between 15-20 people who bought L920s and 8xs only about 3or5 still have them due to no instagram and windows phone 8 battery killing flaws, basic features missing from wp8. Its said because everyone lived their hardware just no wp8 due to it basically being a beta. Now they are back to iPhones and androids .

I live in Canada. Question answered.
    HaibaneReki and abel920 like this.
    I'm in Toronto and, not including my Mom and sister who get whatever phone I get, I have only ever seen one. On a more positive note. I was at a friends over the weekend and a few people saw my phone on the table......"is that a windows phone??".....one of then grabbed it, a small crowd formed and all I could hear were murmurs of ".....so cool". <------ a far cry from when I first got the phone and people seemed shocked and downright confused as to why I wouldn't get an iPhone.....as if nothing else exists haha.
    Thanked by:
    WinFan1 and abel920 like this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I once saw someone on a bus with a L800. I think the word "Windows" puts people off. Understandably really!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I've been told my BlackBerry Curve 8520 is better than my HTC TITAN (and heck, if she saw my Nokia Lumia 920, she would say the BB8520 is still better), just because the latter runs Windows and the former doesn't. She also said her HTC Wildfire was better than the HTC TITAN, again because the TITAN runs Windows, the Wildfire doesn't... I'm like "Seriously, you're saying your old budget phone and my old budget phone both run better and have better specs than my new FLAGSHIP device..." And despite the phone running smooth as anything (thus debunking the running better argument), she still insisted that her Wildfire was better, just because it wasn't a Windows Phone. I gave up at this point, because I really wanted to punch the university building down in frustration...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:
    abel920 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,482 Global Posts
    Probably half of the people I know have Lumias, but I guess I don't count cos I live in Finland :D
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Nope, but alot planning to buy one of Lumias.
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast