- 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM #1
Google engineers found over half the bugs in Microsoft's latest security update | The Verge
Maybe, just maybe we can put aside this "Google hates Microsoft" thing and recognize that the situation is more complicated than Manichean silliness?
- 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM #2
announced a bug disclosure policy for "non-Microsoft products" and started publishing bug reports on Google products. In July of 2012, a Microsoft engineer claimed to have discovered a massive botnet spreading spam and malware through Android devices; Google denied the claim." Just because they "helped" doesnt make them an awesome company. And found bugs and reported or not it doesnt changed the application situation that google seems to be purposely avoiding from creating for windows phones customers.“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato
- 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM #4
I'm not claiming that this makes Google awesome, but it does point out that companies have complicated and often mutually dependent relationships that often are ignored in the quest to hate other companies. The Samsung/Apple relationship, for one. Although no longer as applicable.Thanked by:
- 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM #8“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM #9
- 123 Posts
Still doesn't explain the crap mail that I get spammed with on my Gmail account! Its the only one that is overloaded with garbage. They sell your info to every jack leg on the planet and pay us no respect cause we bought wp8. Just yesterday I found they sold my wife's info to some third party jerk that thinks he can call and mail crap whenever he wants! He admitted to buying info straight from google. Only a jerk would call at midnight to sell insurance! He won't be calling again though. He didn't like me giving him his own home address, courtesy of the post master.
- 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM #11
The only email account I've ever had that got inbox full of spam not caught by spam filter was a Yahoo account.
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM #12
- 445 Posts
02-13-2013, 02:14 PM #13
- 445 Posts
- By Snoops8 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 52Last Post: 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
- By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 12-14-2012, 11:32 PM
- By fatclue_98 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 09-13-2012, 07:03 AM
- By mattpga in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 45Last Post: 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
- By TechJunkieforLife in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 35Last Post: 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM