Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Banned

Press photo of HTC One leaks - Neowin

Just look at that pic, I hope Microsoft sues those ****ers who will now destroy live tiles with their ****ty designs and ****ty quality

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Uhhh.. Wha?

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    An iphone with live tiles, running Android?

So they updated their sense app to look similar on all their platforms, where is the backstab there?
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vheissu View Post
    they updated their sense app to look similar on all their platforms
    There, maybe?
    RushilPa likes this.
    The chassis looks more like a recolored Z10, IMO. Plus, this isn't directly WP8 related.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vheissu View Post
    So they updated their sense app to look similar on all their platforms, where is the backstab there?
    Name other (non WP ripping platforms) that has Live Tiles: None

Doesn't matter. The way HTC is going they will not be around much longer. There loosing money on every platform they are invested in.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    Banned

Microsoft also patented live tiles so this should be fun

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Ummmm...am I just not seeing the Live Tiles? All I see is a photo app with a new display layout, that seems to be pulling in a FB feed.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    Ummmm...am I just not seeing the Live Tiles? All I see is a photo app with a new display layout, that seems to be pulling in a FB feed.
    You're seeing a scrolling Facebook widget.

Live tiles are widgets, they just work differently. Scrolling widgets and widgets that rotate through photos have been on Android for 4+ years.

I don't know how long HTC has been doing Facebook widgets, but my wife has been using them on her HTC phone for years.

I'm not sure what Microsoft would have to sue over.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowrand View Post
    Live tiles are widgets
    No they're not.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    No they're not.
    It's my opinion that the Live Tiles on my Lumia are doing what few widgets that I use on my Nexus do, they just do it a different way. And they're the focal point of navigating the device.

I get that you don't agree with me. My opinion remains unchanged.
    jeremyshaw and tissotti like this.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    that looks like a windows phone a blackberry an iphone and android had an orgy and this monstrosity was created...
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

gmlongo likes this.

Looks ok to me, could be a live wallpaper like the s3 photo one, it looks nothing like windows, its using flat simple colours that's as close as it gets. Destroying htc only harms Microsoft and frankly they have bigger issues like blackberry to deal with. Or should be.
    This is why I buy Nokia, because they actually like windows phone, and ONLY make windows phones (and Asha).
    Thanked by:
    anujtwp and RushilPa like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    No they're not.
    Live Tiles do nothing Widgets haven't been doing on Android for years now. They're functionally widgets. It's part of the reason why a lot of people just aren't buying the hype behind them. They can make their Android phones "theirs" just like any Windows Phone.

Microsoft makes a bit deal about Live Tiles because without them, people would never know anything that's going on in their life (generally speaking) if they used a Windows Phone. The OS lacks a full, robust Notification System otherwise. On Android Badges and [Live] Widgets are supplementary to the Notification System. On Windows Phone, they basically ARE the Notification System - therefore more app developers make it a point to update them with badge counts or images, which is more than possible (and even technically superior) on Android (due to the lack of some limitations Microsoft places on Live Tiles in WP8).

The Tiles Microsoft has for Email, Calendar, Clock, Me etc. are only aesthetically different from the Clock, Email, Calendar, Social widgets that Android OEMs put into their devices - most of which are resizeable... The same way People/Me Hub was no different than FriendStream or Social Hub on HTC/Samsung Devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Live Tiles do nothing Widgets haven't been doing on Android for years now. They're functionally widgets. It's part of the reason why a lot of people just aren't buying the hype behind them. They can make their Android phones "theirs" just like any Windows Phone.

Microsoft makes a bit deal about Live Tiles because without them, people would never know anything that's going on in their life (generally speaking) if they used a Windows Phone. The OS lacks a full, robust Notification System otherwise. On Android Badges and [Live] Widgets are supplementary to the Notification System. On Windows Phone, they basically ARE the Notification System - therefore more app developers make it a point to update them with badge counts or images, which is more than possible (and even technically superior) on Android (due to the lack of some limitations Microsoft places on Live Tiles in WP8).

The Tiles Microsoft has for Email, Calendar, Clock, Me etc. are only aesthetically different from the Clock, Email, Calendar, Social widgets that Android OEMs put into their devices - most of which are resizeable... The same way People/Me Hub was no different than FriendStream or Social Hub on HTC/Samsung Devices.
    Didn't know FriendStream and Social Hub actually linked my contacts over all social networks.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post

This.

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Didn't know FriendStream and Social Hub actually linked my contacts over all social networks.
    The built-in contact program links all your accounts if you opt in on Facebook, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    The built-in contact program links all your accounts if you opt in on Facebook, etc.
    So you need to go to each social networking site online and set permission or opt in before the contacts are linked together?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

HTC and other phone makers can do whatever they want. I do not see it as kicking Microsoft in the back. At the end of the day they want to sell units.
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    So you need to go to each social networking site online and set permission or opt in before the contacts are linked together?
    When you log into Facebook from your phone it gives you the option to sync your Facebook contacts with existing contacts, sync all Facebook contacts, or don't sync.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Well black berry z10 has some kind of tile thing going on too.

http://rapidberry.net/wp-content/upl...lm-+-Stylu.jpg
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    BB10's tiles seem more like WebOS's cards
    ~Sal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast