Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LeLee092
  • 1 Post By stmav
  1. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    122 Posts
       #1  
    So this is what I found on my college hotmail:

    Title: Become a Student Ambassador for Microsoft Skydrive
    student-ambassador.png
    http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3acca0ed.png

    Earlier in January some Microsoft people also visited school, giving seminars about all their new things, I think they mostly focused of the Surface Pro, I wasnt able to attend though :/
    Kinda confused as to why they're pushing Skydrive so severely, I mean guerilla marketing tactics...that sounds intense
    I'm glad they're doing this though, my college email already comes with skydrive and no one actually use it (not even me!)
    Either way its interesting to see how Microsoft is approaching the 18-24 (college) consumer base

    Do you think this approach will work? and finally have some of those annoying college iSheeps switch to more Microsoft products?
    Micah Dawson likes this.
  2. Micah Dawson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    998 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    #2  
    I guess you neever know really but i just wish they would use these tactics on windows phone!
  3. Abhishekpandey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeLee092 View Post
    So this is what I found on my college hotmail:

    Title: Become a Student Ambassador for Microsoft Skydrive
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	student ambassador.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	28282
    http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3acca0ed.png

    Earlier in January some Microsoft people also visited school, giving seminars about all their new things, I think they mostly focused of the Surface Pro, I wasnt able to attend though :/
    Kinda confused as to why they're pushing Skydrive so severely, I mean guerilla marketing tactics...that sounds intense
    I'm glad they're doing this though, my college email already comes with skydrive and no one actually use it (not even me!)
    Either way its interesting to see how Microsoft is approaching the 18-24 (college) consumer base

    Do you think this approach will work? and finally have some of those annoying college iSheeps switch to more Microsoft products?
    Sounds like a god opportunity, Yesterday i got an email from Nokia.
    They have invited me to be a part of NOKIA CONSUMER PANEL here in India.
    Didn't found much details about that program on Google except few tidbits here and there.
    Previous users who were working for similar program were given N8 to test for few weeks, which they got as a reward at the end of the program.
    Last edited by Abhishekpandey; 02-08-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Phones
    Lumia 920 Black - Lumia 820 White - HTC Mozart - Motorola EX119 - LG Optimus 2X - Sony Ericsson W705 - Sony Ericsson W910i - Sony Ericsson W550i - Nokia 3315

    Others
    Karbonn Smart Tab - Cowon S9 - Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia - Audio Technica ATH-M50 - HEAD-DIRECT RE-ZERO - Klipsch S4
  4. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,766 Global Posts
    #4  
    Looks like they are trying to get more people informed about skydrive and cloud services. And they want the ecosystem to tie together through the cloud and to get the word out. College students are the workforce and users of tomorrow. Get them on board and let them spread it in their new workplaces. Not to mention, most of their parents come to them for computer advice. So it gets them a possible opening in the home market as well.
    LeLee092 likes this.
  5. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,764 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    #5  
    I would love to do this!

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  6. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    977 Posts
    #6  
    Good! Get that awareness out there! In every group project, everyone seems to want to use Google Docs or the professor is up there recommending it, with everyone believing that it's the ONLY way to do real-time collaboration on documents at the same time. Seriously?

    Anytime I need to do a group project at my university, I come right out and start promoting SkyDrive's Office web apps right away... real-time collaboration and editing in the browser just like google docs, yadda yadda, except you can also... at the same time... open up a file in the FULL desktop version of Word/Excel/PowerPoint. So you can have a mix of people editing on the web and in Word at the same time, as an example, and everybody's changes will be saved! So simple. At the end of my last project, I confronted the professor and stated that I used SkyDrive and she was actually surprised it did real-time editing and I talked up the ability to use the full version of Word - I suggested she give that as an option in her next class.

    I highly recommend you take that position... getting paid to promote SkyDrive, be able to put a Microsoft paid position on your resume, learn all the tips and tricks from Microsoft themselves, probably get hooked up with extra free storage space, get insider info.... take the position! I would do it in a heartbeat if I could.

    Ugh.. Google Docs/Drive... don't get me started on that mess. I just deleted a very long ranting paragraph from this post because it's not quite appropriate for this thread :P

    PS: Not everyone in college is 18-24 ;)
    Last edited by Mystictrust; 02-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.
  7. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    122 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Good! Get that awareness out there! In every group project, everyone seems to want to use Google Docs or the professor is up there recommending it, with everyone believing that it's the ONLY way to do real-time collaboration on documents at the same time. Seriously?

    Anytime I need to do a group project at my university, I come right out and start promoting SkyDrive's Office web apps right away... real-time collaboration and editing in the browser just like google docs, yadda yadda, except you can also... at the same time... open up a file in the FULL desktop version of Word/Excel/PowerPoint. So you can have a mix of people editing on the web and in Word at the same time, as an example, and everybody's changes will be saved! So simple. At the end of my last project, I confronted the professor and stated that I used SkyDrive and she was actually surprised it did real-time editing and I talked up the ability to use the full version of Word - I suggested she give that as an option in her next class.

    I highly recommend you take that position... getting paid to promote SkyDrive, be able to put a Microsoft paid position on your resume, learn all the tips and tricks from Microsoft themselves, probably get hooked up with extra free storage space, get insider info.... take the position! I would do it in a heartbeat if I could.

    Ugh.. Google Docs/Drive... don't get me started on that mess. I just deleted a very long ranting paragraph from this post because it's not quite appropriate for this thread :P

    PS: Not everyone in college is 18-24 ;)
    I've never even used googledoc :P because my schools email account all come with Skydrive, for the club im president for, we just all upload and save all our files to skydrive, instead of emailing drafts after drafts. But I actually never use it personally for classes :/
    I'm actually kinda considering it, but I dont really have much time for it bleh..
    I wouldnt mind the extra cash though, and I'm a huge microsoft advocate anyways, might as well get paid for it...

    And yeah I know colleges have a wider audience, but at least in my school, most of the population are between that range, but it deff varies especially if you in community college, or in a graduate field etc..
  8. Zokudu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
    #8  
    I bet they're trying to push the new real time editing without an account feature for skydrive. Seems like it lines up really well with this program.
  9. AUCLABruin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    150 Posts
    #9  
    How did MS contact you, just because you use Skydrive and are in college, if you don't mind me askin?
  10. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    122 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AUCLABruin View Post
    How did MS contact you, just because you use Skydrive and are in college, if you don't mind me askin?
    It was through career services, they send out weekly newsletters! :)
  11. LeLee092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    122 Posts
       #11  
    Also for those wondering, I actually did end up applying, *crosses fingers* the program starts off in March so I'm a bit late but I made sure to mention that I actually do use Skydrive and am very attached to Microsoft ecosystem in general, so lets hope I get it!

Similar Threads

  1. New to Windows 8 - Tablet in the Mail
    By mstrblueskys in forum General Tablet Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
  2. This beauty just arrived in the mail this morning!
    By Desdemona in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
  3. Got my WP7 Pre-paid app card in the mail...
    By buckeyeballer09 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:24 PM
  4. Look at what I found at my job.
    By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
  5. What BGR sees in the HD7 that others don't
    By Guy_Serious in forum HTC HD 7 / 7s
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

B