01-23-2013, 11:34 PM #26
- 32 Posts
1. Samsung (and in turn, you) will have to pay license fees for both Android AND Windows, just so you can have the choice of using them both (which most people won't even do).
2. "Let the customer decide" has never worked in the tech industry because computers/smartphones etc. are already too advanced for consumers to know what they want, let alone what is possible.
01-24-2013, 06:40 AM #27
- 496 Posts
The sgs3 is still for sale, point proven.
The opinion portion is irrelevant, to you, so ill skip it.
The unnamed sources are impossible for anyone to justify, skipped.
The fact that carriers are pushing the easiest phone to get you signed up on an expensive data plan is verifiable by you, in thirty minutes or less. Walk into a store, or try calling (lol) one and see if you get more sales pitches for the highest selling device vs a cheap, non smart, phone.
You'll find, just like I have, that cheap phones without data are not going to be pushed.
Today is sales numbers release day. I'm sure there will be a lot of links soon, if you don't believe in social experimenting on your own.awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
01-24-2013, 07:35 AM #28My next phone...
- 913 Posts
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM #29
- 1,855 Posts
That both iOS and WP deliberately run only on a very limited set of core hardware configurations (the SoC), which is a prerequisite to achieve the level of optimization they do, is just one technical reason.
Google would be the only company that wouldn't care. Everyone else would oppose it... carriers, MS, Apple and every single OEM...
- By Big Supes in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 36Last Post: 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
- By KingCrimson in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 105Last Post: 01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
- By kareemwilliams in forum Mac OS XReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:59 PM
- By torchxit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 12Last Post: 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM