Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Or windows 8...or even at Microsoft Store Online - Welcome for that matter. Only redeemable at a physical microsoft store location.

When I saw "Microsoft gift card" as an available payment method to add when trying to add a different one, I figured i'd pick one up rather than tying my CC to it for App purchases. This was convenient since I came across an MS store location.

Unfortunately, you can only use MS gift cards obtained at MS stores at other store locations. It's 2013....this is an absolute sham. Now I'm stuck with the gift card until I come across another MS store location, or go out of my way to find one. In a market where itunes cards are easy as pie to obtain and use, Microsoft really needs to get with it on this. Very disappointing.

Can you return gift cards? :)

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    You're upset that you can only use the Microsoft Store gift card in a Microsoft Store?
    Sam Sabri
    Managing Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email - sam@wpcentral.com
    Twitter - samsabri
    Instagram - samsabri
    Twitch - GeneralSham
    Xbox Live - GeneralSham

it's 2013. Limiting a MIcrosoft gift card to a phsyical store location, and not even allowing it to be used on the website for the same company, is beyond backwards.