Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Wow! This is an interesting new learning for me -- which Windows Phone 8 devices were available 2.5 years ago?
    Do you think it's cute, playing the dummy? You know very well when was WP released.

I just laugh at people who bring up microsofts money in the whole 3rd party app situation.

Giving companies money to make apps is insanely dumb and won't solve anything. That would just make other developers not make anything until Microsoft passes them a check.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesBalls View Post
    Do you think it's cute, playing the dummy? You know very well when was WP released.
    He claimed that Windows Phone 8 was released 2.5 years ago, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    I just laugh at people who bring up microsofts money in the whole 3rd party app situation.

Giving companies money to make apps is insanely dumb and won't solve anything. That would just make other developers not make anything until Microsoft passes them a check.

I believe that is already going on with some big name devs expecting MS to cut them a big check before they make anything.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Where MS missed the mark is gaming. I think it's important to have a different experience in terms of applications and UI. However, the overall quality and quantity of Xbox Live games is pretty pathetic. How do they not deliver any AAA first party games on their own platform? Gears of War, Halo, Forza, etc. I know it's easily overlooked but how are third party developers supposed to support a platform that MS has seemed to overlook?

When the Xbox Live Arcade launched - especially with XNA, MS touted it as an easily developable platform and it proved correct. Look at the amount of Indie and XBLA games - many of incredible quality. How have they not made it easy or advantageous for developers to port these over to WP? I am not in the know-how as to the ease or difficulty in porting from XBLA to WP but it should be much easier than it appears to be.
    It take times to developer apps and 150,000 is a lot I know it not at the same level as iOS or android but give it a while and companies, developers will start entering apps when they think it time.

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12