- 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM #1
I've been searching and trying to figure out how I got about renaming my microsoft account from a live.com to outlook.com. Every time that I try to change it I get a page that says "The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed".
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how i can go about getting around this? I really want to switch from live to outlook
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM #2
- 246 Posts
- 12-17-2012, 06:58 AM #4My next phone...
12-17-2012, 04:52 PM #5
- 63 Posts
If you're already using .live.com and want outlook.com doesn't it let you upgrade to outlook anyway?
Now if's a .net microsoft account say with a gmail address it won't let everyone use the rename feature.
You might have to just create a new outlook address, download your contacts photos etc and import them to the new account, and for your apps etc you must change it via the xbox to keep purchase history.
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM #6
- 96 Posts
12-18-2012, 03:29 AM #9
- 246 Posts
- By yadanm in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:05 AM
- By Squatting Hen in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2012, 05:39 PM
- By MikaelSmoot in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM
- By simontl in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
- By cgk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 01-05-2012, 07:22 AM