Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

no its a good question the reason is because instgram doesn't let them have the upload function :(
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
    Do photos on Instagram still have metadata on them that show what kind of device took the picture?

EDIT: I checked Facebook and it doesn't show what kind of camera was used... Instagram probably strips that out too...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    I'm sorry if this question is stupid, buy why don't 3rd party devs add the function of uploading pictures to Instagram to their apps? Is it difficult to do this, or do they need permission from Instagram or what? I've seen some 3rd party Instagram apps but none with the ability to upload.
    Permission from Instagram is needed.
    Thanked by:

Sign this if you haven't already. It's not whether you actually use it or not it's about having the option for the people that do. This is be huge for WP as a whole and should not be discarded even if you hate Instagram with a passion.

http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...dows-phone-8-2
    Thanked by:
    cgold1 

done!! doubt it'll help but?? :(

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    nope

Signed same but, why do gun control petitions also pop up?

Quote Originally Posted by zokstar View Post
    done!! doubt it'll help but?? :(
    At least this way we can say we tried and the people behind Instagram can't say they're not making an app bc there aren't enough users. It's something lol

Quote Originally Posted by tbsteph1 View Post
    Signed same but, why do gun control petitions also pop up?
    I think it's random, different petitions popped up for me.

Other than the note on this FAQ page (FAQ • Instagram) Instagram seem to have been very quiet about WP. That FAQ refers to WP7 so presumably was written a while back.

Took me a while to find it on their website but you can email them here: Email Us • Instagram Help Center - so it might be worth emailing them to request the app. The more interest they see the more likely they are to consider making it!

(Not sure what you'd select as the Subject from that drop down list...maybe "Can't log in" since WP users can't log in!)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_2 View Post
    (Not sure what you'd select as the Subject from that drop down list...maybe "Can't log in" since WP users can't log in!)
    I'd pick Business Enquiries myself, as it is to do with business (I.E. the business of accessing their services on Windows Phone)

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Just wow. How in earth has WP not received the app yet and BB10 has?

ckarber.jpg

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I emailed Stephen elop about it and he said they're trying really hard to get in on our platform. I wasn't expecting a response but it is reassuring

Makes me wonder whether development has not even started or they are just keeping tight-lipped. Belfiore promised Pandora back at the WP8 launch ... it's still not here

Like Max Black said, "Instagram, it's like Twitter for people who can't read".

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    Makes me wonder whether development has not even started or they are just keeping tight-lipped. Belfiore promised Pandora back at the WP8 launch ... it's still not here
    Belfiore promised Pandora "in early 2013" so they still have time to keep that promise.
    snowmutt likes this.

Well said! This is exactly the case with my gf. She's looking for a new phone and as soon as she found out there is no instagram she lost interest in WP.

I can't believe after all that has been said about the issue that some people (on this board and all over the net) are continuing to blame Microsoft for the lack of an Instagram app. Do they think that MS is holding out on an Instagram app on purpose? How much can MS do if Instagram does not allow access to their services.

The fact of the matter is that for whatever reason Instagram does not want to make an app for WP. It could be that they want money from Microsoft, they don't have the resources to make and support an app, they are waiting for WP to get a bigger market share, or some outside player is getting in Instagram's ear and telling them to avoid WP.

I have read a lot of rumors that the head of Instagram isn't a fan of Microsoft so that could be an issue. I don't know how much truth there is to that but it is another possibility.

Why don't people use the third party applications of instagram like metrogram and upload their photos via the instagram website on their desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Just wow. How in earth has WP not received the app yet and BB10 has?
    I thought it was because BB can use the android marketplace now.... or maybe they can share apps with a line of code change or something. Not sure how that works though.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBXVx97 View Post
    Why don't people use the third party applications of instagram like metrogram and upload their photos via the instagram website on their desktop?
    You can't upload pics via their website..

Quote Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
    You can't upload pics via their website..
    uhh yea you can. Instagram made this whole announcement about it that you can upload photos from their site alongside make a account without the app

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    uhh yea you can. Instagram made this whole announcement about it that you can upload photos from their site alongside make a account without the app
    Oh really? Please do link me to the page where I can upload pictures.. Do you even have an Instagram account?
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackB_G View Post
    Because blackberry10 is actually a brilliant os that most of you here are so blinded would bias you just don't wanna accept it. I have a playbook so I know what bb10 must feel like as they're very similar. I can't wait to pick up my z10. For the months and months you all gave bb a kicking proclaiming it was dead and blah blah.. The crackberry faithful are gonna rub this in your faces. Life is a bieee..
    3 posts in and all you've done is mock the community and trash WP. Let's just skip the warning and go straight to perman-banned.

Oh wow sorry I lied, you can only view and make a account on the instagram website. BUT! You can download this Android emulator on your PC and upload your pictures that way. Here is a link to that.
    Workaround lets you upload Instagram photos from your desktop computer | How To - CNET
    Thanked by:
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Oh wow sorry I lied, you can only view and make a account on the instagram website. BUT! You can download this Android emulator on your PC and upload your pictures that way. Here is a link to that.
    Workaround lets you upload Instagram photos from your desktop computer | How To - CNET
    **** sake was just about to post about that myself. I'm using Bluestacks myself. Great workaround. Though had to ask my favourite artist for a bit of help with using it, and I'm a freaking tech *****! I should know everything about it!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast