Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_97865 View Post
    I'm fresh from the Android world and I think they brainwash folks to think these Instagram/Pintrest type websites are so hip and cool, but they might very well be forgotten 5-10 years from now.
    its just about the community, end of story. Got a ton of feedback on photos, had a set friends list. At this point, it is brainwashing. Its like if some people switched and didn't get Facebook. Same deal in some cases. Instagram is huge.
    Gamertag: Zee A Double K
    Words W/ Friends username: zakkF

It would deff make my new nokia lumia perfect!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by candyohdulce View Post
    It would deff make my new nokia lumia perfect!!! :D
    You're not kidding!

Went from the iphone 4s to the wp8 because i got the hp envy laptop with w8 and i love the quick sharing with my xbox live and music accounts. was really surprised when i went to just download all the "usuals" like ig and wells fargo app and a few others and they werent there... little more that bummed about this. hope they get on the ball, especially with the banking app. I run my business with the Wells Fargo CEO app now i have to tote my ultra book every where using my wireless hotspot. Ig would be fun to have again too... heres to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker86 View Post
    Went from the iphone 4s to the wp8 because i got the hp envy laptop with w8 and i love the quick sharing with my xbox live and music accounts. was really surprised when i went to just download all the "usuals" like ig and wells fargo app and a few others and they werent there... little more that bummed about this. hope they get on the ball, especially with the banking app. I run my business with the Wells Fargo CEO app now i have to tote my ultra book every where using my wireless hotspot. Ig would be fun to have again too... heres to hoping.
    Came from the same deal... Same disappointment. Every app on earth, to a couple of em. Lol. Some of them are half assed. Like yelp, you can't even login / checkin on the WP8 app.. Etc.
    Parker86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zakkforchilli View Post
    Came from the same deal... Same disappointment. Every app on earth, to a couple of em. Lol. Some of them are half assed. Like yelp, you can't even login / checkin on the WP8 app.. Etc.
    i was just telling my gf that same thing the other day about the yelp app. i am not a big yelper, but i do like to have my favorites list of places to visit, checking in, uploading pics, etc. lol.

really hope instagram has some sort of upload function soon for wp8. ive been using a desktop android emulator on my laptop to use instagram here and there, but it really isnt the same as using it on the phone.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    People still crying over instagram.

smdh

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDax3 View Post
    People still crying over instagram.

smdh
    very popular app and no good alternative.. It won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by mky4b11 View Post
    i was just telling my gf that same thing the other day about the yelp app. i am not a big yelper, but i do like to have my favorites list of places to visit, checking in, uploading pics, etc. lol.

really hope instagram has some sort of upload function soon for wp8. ive been using a desktop android emulator on my laptop to use instagram here and there, but it really isnt the same as using it on the phone.
    bluestacks? Tried that and it won't recognize my gfx card. Too bad, that could be useful for more than just instagram. I still have my 3Gs so I do that sometime when there's something I absolutely have to post.

I'm fresh from the Android world and I think they brainwash folks to think these Instagram/Pintrest type websites are so hip and cool, but they might very well be forgotten 5-10 years from now.

I'm really more interested in business and productivity apps. I like that Office is already built in and integrated.

I would like a Bill reminder app, and I see several, so I will try them... I was using Manilla on Android, but that's missing now. No big deal.

There are also a ton of Stock apps for WP. That's great. Can't wait to try them.

So anyway, a picture is a picture. I don't really get it why one site should have such a corner on pics.
    I can tell you as a heavy user that Pinterest is a damn good service. I've gotten so many recipes from friends. My cousin even found this great homemade toy organizer through Pinterest. Its helping me and my wife with all sorts of ideas with our first kid on the way. Fine if its not for you. And there will probably be a new app in a few years that will do the same thing and more. But right now, Pinterest is pretty useful.

To answer the same question quoted above... And some others... To sum it all up for the skeptics. Instagram makes you wanna take a photo. Gives you the incentive to snap a quick shot of what you're doing. Its like twitters' 140 characters, but a photo telling the moment. People need instagram BC their friends from FB or twitter and or elsewhere all can be in one unified place.

Who wants to clutter up a site like Flickr with a photo about what they're eating or doing right now lol. Flickr is for photography, is how I see it. So none of your fellow instagramers would find themselves on Flickr anyway. Your followers make themselves unique to you in that way.

Another reason, is maybe you don't want ALL your FB friends to be bothered with your photos, you only have your followers group. You can post freely, knowing thesePeople that signed up TO see your pointless photos.

I think the question these people need to ask is why people take dumb photos. Answer? Instagram. Lol, don't bother asking why instagram is praised. Brainwashed or not, what are apps for. And its extreme bull that one can't choose their phone for these apps, they must go by OS restriction.

5-10 years? Give it another year or two and we probably will never hear of Instagram again. Most of the young people these days just jump from fad to fad these days and when some celebrity types start using something new everyone will get off the Instagram bandwagon.

Then when everyone is on something new there won't be people defending it, saying how important it is to their daily lives.
    Thanked by:

Like I said before, WP lack of apps doesn't stop with Instagram...There are a huge list of apps that are missing on the platform. Yes there are apps being added in the marketplace daily but 80% of those are junk or wannabe apps.

If things don't change, WP will suffer the same fate as Zune and Hd-Dvd. Now my contract ends in Feb and I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship, especially after the Google fiasco and Nokia statement, unless things change.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post
    Like I said before, WP lack of apps doesn't stop with Instagram...There are a huge list of apps that are missing on the platform. Yes there are apps being added in the marketplace daily but 80% of those are junk or wannabe apps.

If things don't change, WP will suffer the same fate as Zune and Hd-Dvd. Now my contract ends in Feb and I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship, especially after the Google fiasco and Nokia statement, unless things change.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
    HD-DVD was no fault of MS. It was doing just fine until Sony bought out all non Blueray supporters.
    The Zune HD was an awesome device with horrible marketing. I never cared it didn't have apps, but I know some people did. I am very concerned with Windows Phone as I do think MS sees it as a hobby instead of a core market. It certainly feels that way to me. When they can't even bring first party apps to the platform first, its doomed. Also they have been ripping the floor out from under the platform to grown their other brands (xbox live, office).

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    very popular app and no good alternative.. It won't stop
    That's not true... EyeEm and Fhotobooth are both great alternatives. The issue is that people aren't using EyeEm or Fhotobooth, they're using Instagram. This is what the IG haters don't get; it's not about the app, it's about the community.
    tk-093 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    That's not true... EyeEm and Fhotobooth are both great alternatives. The issue is that people aren't using EyeEm or Fhotobooth, they're using Instagram. This is what the IG haters don't get; it's not about the app, it's about the community.
    I keep saying its about the community lol that's been my stance. Those apps are pretty clunky compared to instagram though. But that's still not what I've been focusing on.

And the list of apps does continue, rregret the switch sometimes. I don't like that feeling because the platform is amazing and noone gives a ****

I like how Instagram has flipping tiles at the top of people's pages...
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhuey46 View Post
    Yes. Sign it.

That will work.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Microsoft should pay Instagram for the development cost, or work a deal that allows MS to write an app themselves. Launch it with the next round of phones that I'm assuming will also have good cameras, the time in the press-cycle alone would make it worth it.

Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuey46 View Post
    That 2 on the end of the URL, means there's probably another one on their lol usually. Gonna need like a million sigs.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    What's gonna suck is if Instagram comes to BB10.
    Yes, that will suck mightily. IMHO, beating BB is a requirement for WP's success. If BB10 gets Instagram and other really popular apps which are not on WP, that won't happen and WP will suffer some serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Yes, that will suck mightily. IMHO, beating BB is a requirement for WP's success. If BB10 gets Instagram and other really popular apps which are not on WP, that won't happen and WP will suffer some serious damage.
    see THAT is correct. And very unfortunate. BB10 is just around the corner. Oh Mann. What do you think will happen? You have faith!?

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    You have faith!?
    Honestly? Gah, I hate to say this, but no. For as much as I love WP8 and my Lumia 820, it's become a Surface mini for Xbox Glass and 'net browsing use so I don't have to pull out my laptop in the living room, while my iPhone 4S is the phone I'm carrying with me. The reason is that the apps I regularly use just aren't on WP8. Normally I would ditch the unused phone in heartbeat, but I like WP8 and the 820 too much to sell it and I really want WP8 to succeed so I'm holding out, heh.

But I'm having a hard time thinking that WP8 is going to beat out BB10, though, especially if BB10 gets Instagram (and other apps) right out of the gate. It saddens me, really, because WP8 has the potential to clean house... it's such an advanced and slick OS, and the integration with Win 8 on the desktop and tablet is unlike any other. But... c'est la vie. If nothing else, I've got myself a cool little mini tablet to play with. :)