Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

I understand where you are coming from, but this lack of app doesn't stop with Insatgram. There is alot of popular app missing from WP environment. Alot of you just brushing it off and saying "oh well if it dont have X, Y and Z I can live with it." How do you want WP to get marketshare and grow? The windows phone logo are missing from popular sites and Facebook pages like Zinga even-though their games is on WP. Why iss that? Alot of people still don't know what is a Windows Phone.

I gave it time to grow and I'm tired of empty promises. My contract is up in Feb and I think I had a good ride but unfortunately it's time to abandon ship.
    Alex Kj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but this lack of app doesn't stop with Insatgram. There is alot of popular app missing from WP environment. Alot of you just brushing it off and saying "oh well if it dont have X, Y and Z I can live with it." How do you want WP to get marketshare and grow? The windows phone logo are missing from popular sites and Facebook pages like Zinga even-though their games is on WP. Why iss that? Alot of people still don't know what is a Windows Phone.

I gave it time to grow and I'm tired of empty promises. My contract is up in Feb and I think I had a good ride but unfortunately it's time to abandon ship.
    I bought Windows Phone because of the OS not so I could waste money on stupid apps like Instagram.
    WP offers a lot of cool features the other OSes don't including native Office and Outlook integration which is extremely valuable for those of us in the business world.

Some of us "Blow off" the lack of some apps because they simply don't matter to us, or at least not enough to jump ship.

Microsoft's platform with Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 is a breeze to develop for so there is no doubt these apps will come. Its just the chicken or the egg syndrome. Users before apps or apps before users?

Don't like it, go back to the cluster**** Android, or the over priced iPhones.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I like Instagram, not because of the community, not because of the filters but because it just takes better pictures than my regular camera. Is a nice application.

If you guys didn't know, soon they will be adding advertisements all over Instagram so I'm sure that will surely anger many people and ruin the experience somewhat. This was made official today by some Facebook exec.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post

I don't put Instagram in the same category as Facebook or even Angry Birds for that matter. Facebook in and of itself offers a unique product and service right now that the whole world uses to interact with each other. "Facebook-like" isn't going to cut it in that community and there are real, tangible reasons why not. Sans a few minor flaws I actually like the 3rd party Facebook app on WP8. Angry Birds is a propriety game, if you want to play Angry Birds, you need the Angry Birds app. But Instagram, at its core, seems like a feature of some other, more robust software (like Facebook). Other apps do exactly what it does (some do it better), its not at all unique. What I'm hearing here (and I agree with it) is that Instagram provides a coolness bump and social media storage (confused with a "community"). Again, there are other apps that run photo filters over your images and posts to Facebook ... and again ... some do it better (IMO). But whats missing is the "posted from Instagram" tag on the bottom. The "community" is minimalistic engagement and interactivity over a file sharing service. It doesn't need to exist, the actual social platforms are Facebook and Twitter. Does anyone really use Instagram exclusively to communicate with other people? I guess those people would NEED this app, I don't so I don't. What would make the most sense is if Facebook simply asked you if you would like to run Instagram-like filters over your photos when you upload them from any device. Which, as mentioned, is probably where its going now that they own it.

So I agree ... apps that some people feel are unique or at least do it significantly better than the others (warranted or not) like Pandora or Whatsapp ... or proprietary apps like ESPN Fantasy Football (pleeeeeeese guys get this!) are must-adds if WP8 wants to play in this space. But it doesn't need every non-unique, non-essential, trendy hipster social media fragment to survive.

ALL of that said, despite this rant, as long as millions of people refuse to acknowledge this and propagate the perception that WP8 is a lesser product because Instagram doesn't exist ... then from a business perspective its certainly not gonna hurt to get this particular app on the platform.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    @dsirico I have to agree with you to an extent, yes Instagram is not a social community like Facebook or Twitter and yes there are many photo apps that let you apply filters and upload. But it is the name that counts to people. For example, you have two white t-shirts one is plain and the other has a quarter inch Polo insignia on it. One is $5 the other is $50 and people are going to flock and stampede each other to pay $50. People are very fickle and dense. They aren't willing to give up the ability to be social and cool just for a better quality product. Like I said earlier I was a big Instagram user when I had my iPhone 4, but the OS got boring and I got tired of jailbreaking it just to get some change. WP has the style and change that I was more than willing to part with the apps. This is called being an INDIVIDUAL, what most people are scared to be. And the less individuals we have the more WP is likely to fail. I know Instagram alone will not save WP, but it can be the start to allowing to take the first hit into both iOS and Android's profit share in the mobile world.Personally I don't want to go back to iOS, I love my WP but without the popular apps its doomed to fail eventually. Not from people not buying WP but from the Microsoft deciding to wash their hands with it due to not enough profit.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    And another note, I bet if some asked what phone you have and they were interested in perhaps possibly getting a WP the first question out of their mouth 9/10 would be "Does it have Instagram?".

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1984 View Post
    And another note, I bet if some asked what phone you have and they were interested in perhaps possibly getting a WP the first question out of their mouth 9/10 would be "Does it have Instagram?".
    I disagree. I would expect that 80% of mobile phone users have never even heard of Instagram.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I disagree. I would expect that 80% of mobile phone users have never even heard of Instagram.
    You may be right. Then I would say that people from 14-39 who use smartphones would ask that question.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    I wish.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    I wish.
    Yeah, now that tweet is gone. So... *shrug*.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Yeah, now that tweet is gone. So... *shrug*.
    And now that user is suspended. HOAX.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    That's an old article, it's already been mentioned, and if you look at "Update 2" towards the bottom of the article it says that Instagram will not be developing an app.

You know Metrogram would suit you fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    That's an old article, it's already been mentioned, and if you look at "Update 2" towards the bottom of the article it says that Instagram will not be developing an app.
    that's not what it says. Microsoft paid to get app built for WP7 before, it built the Facebook app too. that means Facebook didn't spend any resources to build the official Facebook app, Microsoft did.The same thing could be happening here. In fact, I'm surprised Microsoft didn't spend some money to get all the missing top apps on their platform to fix the app problem perception WP has.

Joe Belfiore's tweet re:Instagram was more telling (if it was being worked on by Microsoft, he wouldn't send people to Systrom)

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eshy View Post
    that's not what it says.
    Reading comprehension fail much? That's almost *exactly* what it says.
    The article says: "Instagram is not investing its own resources into the development of a potential Instagram app"
    I said: "Instagram will not be developing an app"

If Instagram is not investing it's own resources into the app, it's not developing an app. If a 3rd party is developing an "official" app, that's another thing entirely (but until there is confirmation of such an agreement, it's all conjecture and wishful thinking no matter who tweeted what.)

*Damn - wrote 30 lines and closed the window* F**K!!!!

First of all, I am replying to your post since you seem to have the maximum number of posts on the forum telling me that you are very active on this forum.

I am going to keep this brief because I don’t have time to write everything again. All you guys have to know is that I have a sentimental attachment towards Nokia. I have grown up with their devices and would not want to lose them, that too from Apple and Samsung. We all know, realise and accept the fact that WP8 has a very impressive UI and a great OS. We also know that it lacks on apps and functionality when it comes to business use (As I have heard other users complaining, I am OK with it). MS has been in this business for so many years, the least we would expect off them is to provide great business functionality without any bugs when they launch a product through Billion $ marketing, to evoke a widespread adoption of companies to use WP8 devices with their employees.

Anyways, hopefully that will be taken care off with time and that too before Apple comes out with a killer device next year! I am here for one thing. Today morning I woke up, and saw another Instagram post (CMON!). Isnt it enough? We, as WP users do not really need it. But we know our friends/family do not want to switch over because WP might not have apps suited to them, which is making them to not switch even if they enjoy the UI and like what MS has done with WP8. But we want them to, we want to somehow convince them to switch over, because the more users jump into this, the more confidence we can provide the developers! Simple as that - it’s a cylce. Has to start somewhere. Developers are not going to develop a product if they cannot monetize their product from Day1!

For this same reason, please let me introduce a Google Doc Spreadsheet (I know, I should not be using Google but then it has a good cloud functionality so that all the users around the world can use this and I do not have access to Office 365, sorry!) - http://goo.gl/6Xz2a

This is simply a petition to raise our voice. The fields are:

1. Name (you can keep it blank if you would like to keep your privacy)
    2. Twitter handle - would be good to know and connect with like minded people)
    3. WP Central ID - we should have atleast one name to tag you with (either of these 3 or all!)
    4. Petition for APP development - this is where you write which app you would like to raise your voice for. Write as many as you want, but remember each APP you vote for - please make a separate entry. Do not write names of 4 apps in one go. INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FOR EVERY APP PLEASE!
    5. Country you are from
    6. City you are from

EXAMPLE:

1. Name: Kavin U. (my name)
    2. Twitter handle - kavinl
    3. WP Central ID - nbktonic
    4. Petition for app dev - Insatgram
    5. Country - UAE
    6. City - Dubai.
    7. Hit Submit

Now if I want to raise my voice for “Mint.com”, I will refollow the above procedure to create a new entry within the spreadsheet file.

I hope this is simple enough. Every thing you share is being saved in a spread sheet file and I think it would be a good idea to give this about 3 months to circulate around the world (gather your friends and family!) - the more involvement we have, the better! Today is 23rd December 2012 (Thank god the world did not end! Screw you Mayan, I wanna play some more with my Yellow Nokia Lumia 920;) ), and I think it would be good to close this on 15th April, 2013.

Guys, if you think this has to be revised in any ways, please let me know latest within a day - since I am leaving for holidays.

At the end, I will filter down responses with drop down menus and submit the voice to individual development teams so that they can understand the market and hopefully decide to work on developing favorite apps for all of us!

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    I am in a similar boat when it comes to flipboard. So i mailed them.
    And this is what they replied:

At least, it SOUNDS positive.
    I would suggest lets do the same with Instagram too.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    I am in a similar boat when it comes to flipboard. So i mailed them.
    And this is what they replied:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/23/uma2u9u8.jpg

At least, it SOUNDS positive.
    I would suggest lets do the same with Instagram too.

this is actually more than positive. I can't remember the thread, but someone else emailed clipboard and they stated they weren't interested in this time to expanding to WP8.

Global Posts
    1,686 Global Posts
    this is actually more than positive. I can't remember the thread, but someone else emailed clipboard and they stated they weren't interested in this time to expanding to WP8.
    I don't know, but as you can see, this is a direct screenshot of our conversation. I see no reason why they shouldn't be making an app for WP8...

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I couldn't care less about Instagram but...my brother and his wife really like my 920 when we all got together recently. Just found out he went out and bought one for his wife as a Christmas present. Got a text about it this morning stating that and asking about Instagram. I let him know that it is not currently available, but it could be in the future. He said he will probably have to return her present now, as she only uses two apps on her iphone: Facebook and Instagram.

lomogram.... done

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmatic View Post
    lomogram.... done
    That post.... incorrect.

Lomogram is great if you want to apply filters to pictures and post them to one of its supported social networks. It does not, however, allow posting to the Instagram network and many, many people use Instagram's network. So if you're looking for Instagram, Lomogram isn't anywhere near done.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast