02-11-2013, 02:12 PM #227
- 2 Posts
i agree with you totally! Instagram is a social network before it is anything else, it should be open to all who engage in social networking, regardless of platform. I switched to windows phone and I'ma not gonna switch back for instagram! I like win8 way too much. I'm also not going to do the convoluted thing and use an android emulator to post images - i can just use one of the other photo apps and post to facebook or twitter or whatever! And i can still see my friends' posts and like them if i want to. Easy peesy. I don't think this is a lot cause at all with the new nokia lumia that came out which kicks iphone 5's ****! Especially in low light situations.
02-12-2013, 05:11 PM #228
- 1,698 Posts
I won't go out of my way to get on Instagram. While I could possibly get into it later on down the line (if they release it), I genuinely don't feel the urge to post pictures of everything.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board ExpressGoogle - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM #229
- 254 Posts
I don't care about instagram but its bad that its not on WP8. I think Microsoft should wither give them money to put it on WP or offer to help a lot in either developing the app or make the app themselves, like they helped develop spotify for WP7.
- 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM #230
Kevin Systrom who is one of the co-founders of Instagram worked with Google for a few years. It's not a long shot to suggest that he still has some social ties to Google and someone from there is getting in his ear about not making a WP Instagram app.
02-12-2013, 07:01 PM #231
- 3 Posts
- 02-13-2013, 11:23 PM #233
I have a lot of friends who use instagram. To them it is a deal breaker since their social media revolves around IG more than twitter, and some even FB.
I love my WP8 and used to use an android, and IG. WP8 user interface is much better, and more important than an IG app, but not for many of my friends.
I would use it if WP8 has it, but if not it is really not the end of the world.
Thanks for the thread. IG would be a great addition to the store if it ever comes.
- 02-14-2013, 05:36 AM #235
- 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM #236
I have been doing a little thinking about the Instagram situation. I vaguely remember an article a few weeks back saying that Microsoft had an Instagram app ready to go but Instagram wasn't giving them permission for them to access their services. So this leaves you to wonder why Instagram would not allow for them to use their services.
- The app would most likely be free so there is no problems about splitting profit or anything like that.
- If MS (or any other developer) developed the app then Instagram wouldn't have to do any coding or debugging themselves. Instagram would probably just have to provide some kind of gateway for the app to access their services.
- Even if WP has a small piece of the smartphone pie, it would still be a few million more users for Instagram
So the reality is that Instagram doesn't have much to lose by allowing an Instagram app for Windows Phone. The only things I can think of as to why they won't allow it are:
1) Maybe there are some differences on privacy issues with the app - we know MS is a little tighter on how apps handle user data compared to iOS and Android.
2) Instagram has some kind of grudge against MS, or they are being influenced by other companies to not develop for MS on purpose
- 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM #239
As mentioned on the front page of WP Central, Molome is coming soon to WP8. Molome is an Instagram clone with badges that has an already existing, large user base from Symbian, MeeGo, and older BlackBerries. They also have an iOS and Android app.
The founder of Molome has posted pics of the app on his Molome feed. The reason I post this here, is that he's also posted pics hinting of some level of Instagram integration:
I said that MOLOME is Instagram's friend and I meant it ! ;) | MOLOME™
So, if Molome comes to WP8 and has that integration, we may not need an actual bona-fide Instagram app.
- 02-15-2013, 06:44 AM #240
02-15-2013, 07:45 AM #241
- 1,103 Posts
I got a say this whole Instagram situation has become quite funny. It's like this one app to rule them all situation going on. :D
02-15-2013, 08:45 AM #242
- 495 Posts
- 02-15-2013, 10:23 AM #244
- 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM #245
- 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM #247
As a ex I phone fan I had each and every I phone that apple has provided, with that said I also became bored with the same operating system and wanted something where I can personalize and customize more. The windows 8x was a perfect candidate. The sleek design close to perfect picture and screen clarity was some of the things that won me over. Now that I am a owner of a blue 8x with att I am sad to say that the lack of the main apps is turning me off im a huge social media junkie and the fact that I can't get instagram nearly gave me a heart attack since I am now in a two year contract with att I guess that's what I get for not doing my hw on the device I got. If windows doesn't step up its game im going to have to pull my I phone 5 out of my junk tech drawer and activate it again.
- By Tahiti Bob in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 40Last Post: 01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
- By JoshP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
- By jonharrell in forum ZuneReplies: 10Last Post: 11-13-2010, 07:27 PM