Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE TO UPDATE: So it seems the main problems are now gone. It is worth giving it a shot.

UPDATE: Please trust me on this one. DO NOT BUY. This game has been nothing but a headache from day one.

I literally just created my first character. If you decide to pick the game up, join the Exodus server. I don't yet know much about the game, but hopefully we can help each other out here in time.

My character's name is Lynx Masonite.
    Last edited by mase123987; 01-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    sinime likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Woot!... I'm on Leviathan but can't start till Tuesday!

When you get to level 10, there are quests to start other jobs... So rather than have a separate character for each class, you just change out your gear! I honestly think this is the best system for an MMO

In FFXI, there was a need for a timer for airships etc... IF I get into FFXIV and there is a need, I may have to write an app ;)
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

3.    #3  
    I would have been at level 10 last night if the server(s) controlling Instances hadn't been having all sorts of issues. So many people were were waiting for the instances to work and they wouldn't....oh well. Hopefully everything will be good tonight after work!
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Lol, a friend of mine got in on the head start and had the same issue
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Lol, a friend of mine got in on the head start and had the same issue
    Your friend knows the issue then! Pretty much the entire time the NA/EU servers have been in one of two states:
    1. Down
    2. Log ins purposely limited because SE doesn't have enough servers to even cover the early access!

It is going to be a giant mess (bigger than it already is) when everyone gets in. The official forums are running REALLY slow as well. So many people are ready to take pitchforks to the company! lol Some people are supposedly already getting refunds.

Game has seemed fun, but buggy (assuming you can actually get logged in.)
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Hope they get it fixed for the release day...
    When beta 4 was over, I was sitting at level 9

7.    #7  
    I was able to sneak on for a whopping 20 min. Before they closed the servers again...just enough time to complete an instance that I couldn't get to the day before because of another server down lil
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    My friend sent me a text that the release date is being pushed back a couple of days... I wonder if the early access people can continue to play or if there will be a few days of downtime?

BTW, how are you liking it, aside from the instance glitches?

9.    #9  
    My friend sent me a text that the release date is being pushed back a couple of days... I wonder if the early access people can continue to play or if there will be a few days of downtime?

BTW, how are you liking it, aside from the instance glitches?
    It seems like a pretty fun game though I haven't gotten into a lot of it yet, just the basics. The cut scenes take forever!

I hadn't heard about them pushing back the date but that's good. HOPEFULLY that means they are giving more time to the early access people like me.

If you do get around tto starting your account up, make sure to yell at me.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    I can try, but I think we're on different servers

11.    #11  
    You can start over! lol
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    But I've got a couple of friends on Leviathan :'(

On a side note, got my PC back up last night and FFXIV let me log in

13.    #13  
    Isn't that a legacy server? Aka no new players allowed?
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    I was having issues getting on that server and one of my friends that was already on the server sent me this (not sure why he didn't just send me a link)...

v__09dd.jpg

v__a089.jpg

Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Hmmm, my wife just logged in and said she got a mount, a pet, and a bell of some sort... Not sure if that's because we had the original collector's edition and/or if preorders get them too

16.    #16  
    Hmmm, my wife just logged in and said she got a mount, a pet, and a bell of some sort... Not sure if that's because we had the original collector's edition and/or if preorders get them too
    I have the collectors edition. Hopefully the extra stuff will show up for me today as well.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    K, so it looks like u can't use the Coeurl mount until you hit level 20 and do a quest to get a chocobo... But, there is another quest at level 30 that allows you to use your chocobo in combat... Still fuzzy on if the coeurl can be used for combat

18.    #18  
    Just opened an energy drink (Would go old school with Bawls if anyone still sold it near me) and sat down to play. What happens? World is full! I seriously can't catch a break.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Keep trying, took me a few tries to get in before finally got the queue screen, yeah!

Trying to get my level 10 quest out of the way.

20.    #20  
    Keep trying, took me a few tries to get in before finally got the queue screen, yeah!

Trying to get my level 10 quest out of the way.
    Lucky SOB lol....I can only try so many times before I turn into a murderer...
    sinime likes this.
  21.    #21  
    I hate to be "that" guy, but if I get in, there is no way I am logging out. As long as they continue to not boot AFKers, it makes no sense to not do it. I could do the right thing and log out when I am done, but I can't even log in to begin with.
    sinime likes this.
  22.    #22  
    So a guy on a boat g on their site posted a script that automates the login process. You don't have to do anything. It works quick and easy. I think the script tries to log me in once every 3 seconds...still no luck getting in though.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Hmmm, they need to get the queue thing working asap

Developer

Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    Lol and my wife needs help with a quest, but we started at opposite ends of the world. Luckily a friend of ours was near her and is helping her out

25.    #25  
    I'm in btw! Script did the trick...about to do my level 10 quest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast