02-10-2013, 05:31 AM #1
- 67 Posts
i am trying to make a game like temple run ....... Should i start with xna framework for windows..... or can anyone provide me with some tutorials/links for the Running Function in the game
03-18-2013, 10:38 PM #4
- 337 Posts
I did some research on windows phone game development. I think I am going to stick with XNA for now. If tomorrow (2014) it should die, then I guess monogame should help me continue my work with XNA.
Further, I am hoping that unity becomes available soon. If I should really decide to renew my developer account next year, I would like to migrate to unity completely.
I have to admit though. Game development for windows phone is complicated. In a way, slightly disappointed
Last edited by Jay_wpcentral; 03-18-2013 at 11:51 PM.
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM #5
- 23 Posts
You can still use XNA for windows phone 8 but it has to be targeted to wp 7.x. You could also use monogame which you code in XNA and it will convert it into pretty much any platform you want even ios/android/windows 8/wp8. Or you could learn how to use Unity3D which they just released a beta compiler for WP8.
Microsoft also released a helper class for Visual Studio 2012 to make it more "xna" like for wp8 development.
Stick to XNA but compile for wp7.x
Switch to MonoGame which uses XNA and you can then compile to multiple platforms and not just windows phone
Switch to Unity3D that also compiles to multiple platforms, but does not use XNA, it uses its own engine and you get a designer for free.
Learn the new way of coding for WP8 using the helper class.
- By nexus74350 in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 37Last Post: 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM
- By 3DPiper in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2012, 12:19 AM
- By darien.morris in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM
- By kensou in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 3Last Post: 07-25-2011, 01:55 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2011, 08:36 AM