Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,
    I was toying with the idea of developing a space tactical game for WP8. Graphics would not need to be very complex (think of the indie-game Defcon). Would that be fine or should I look directly into using D3D (maybe with SharpDX)? I have some experience in writing regular 3D C#/SlimDX applications.

I think I can answer the question myself: it is pretty fast. SL should be more than enough for my needs. At least if the emulator is reflective of the real phone performances. I hope you guys will like a space game focusing on battle tactics!
    Developer

Hi,

It is always a good idea to test your applications on a real device, the emulator can be a little misleading at times.

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston

Do you know if I can test my app on my own device before joining the dev center?
    Developer

Hi,

Unfortunately, to be able to test on an actual device you need to register as a developer via the dev center.

Paul Diston
    Quote Originally Posted by AdalLS View Post
    Do you know if I can test my app on my own device before joining the dev center?
    Sure, you can. Paul Diston is right though: you do need to need to be registered as a developer in the windows phone dev center so you can developer-unlock your phone and then deploy your app for testing. If you are a student, it is free for you via Dreamspark.
    rom developer for Asus Mypal A6x6 and Axim X50 (and soon, LG Quantum too) and (former) Microsoft Student Insider

My work is free for everyone's use, but if you wish to give a donation towards my work (I am a recent college grad working in what little spare time I have), you may do so (paypal email is toa649@myway.com).

Check out my blog for news on mobile Windows and other tech: Catholic Tech Geek

Students, check out Dreamspark for the tools you need and Imagine Cup if you want a challenge