- 12-29-2012, 12:09 PM #1
New to this section of the forum and I would like to know the very basic for creating your own game.
I have had some basic programming skill using visual basic .net language (is .net like C# or C++ or what ever is easier) making traffic lights, ticket system etc.
So any tips, tricks, cheats would be much appropriated
- 12-29-2012, 03:00 PM #3
- 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM #4
01-02-2013, 03:27 AM #5
- 2 Posts
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM #7
- 35 Posts
Winning Guy basically just matches everything I was going to say.
Though one thing I would suggest is go for XNA - if you're a student (like me), you basically can start making games and publishing them for free, whereas with Unity you have to buy the full license (and you actually have to buy it) to publish.
As for GameMaker, I've always avoided it as I've always been told to by my tutors. Saying that, they're biased anyway with any software they can use, and avoid all others like the plague.
XNA is your safest bet (once you get it working - Windows 8 issues).
- By Ruined in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
- By Tjarren in forum Phone WarsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2011, 11:44 PM
- By mmaman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 33Last Post: 09-03-2011, 08:09 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2011, 05:23 PM