11-21-2012, 10:26 AM #1
- 8 Posts
I am developing a windows phone app for which I required integration with facebook and twitter.
Requirement is - If user logs-in into facebook or twitter apps in the device, we must use the same login tokens and should proceed with our app. We should not prompt for username and password again.
I cannot use any facebook or twitter api's for login. I should use the same token from which user logged in into facebook or twitter app installed in the device.
11-23-2012, 06:53 PM #2
- 48 Posts
I think it depends on what you want to do with Facebook and Twitter.
You can easily share links or status messages using the Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.ShareLinkTask/ShareStatusTask classes. Those will integrate with the existing configured accounts. If you want to do more than that (reading status updates, for example), I suspect you'll have no option but to interrogate the appropriate API directly, and you'll need to prompt the user to authenticate in this case. I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any way to read the user's authentication token details from the device.
- By shobokshy in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:48 AM
- By tweetwp7 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 09-30-2012, 12:50 PM
- By ALborntoride in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-18-2012, 08:57 AM
- By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
- By AvidWPUser in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-04-2011, 11:44 AM