- 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM #1
I have a HP EliteBook 8560p with 4GB ram and a 2,5Ghz i5-2450M processor running windows 7.
My question is: will I be able to run the WP8 SDK on a virtual mashine running W8 that i give 3GB ram to or will it be to slow? The system requirements for the SDK says 4GB minimum. Unfortunately this is my schoolcomputer so I am not allowed to install W8 as the operating system, thats why i want to use a virtual mashine.
11-19-2012, 09:34 AM #4
- 51 Posts
Your best bet, if you are allowed to do this, would be to create a virtual hard drive and install windows 8 on that. You can then boot to the virtual disk. You will be running a virtual machine but on all your machines resources. Hanselman has some really good guides showing how to do this:
Guide to Installing and Booting Windows 8 Developer Preview off a VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) - Scott Hanselman
If you are allowed to do this, your hardware should be fine for WP8. The only issue may be if your processor supports the required hw virtualization for the WP8 emulator.
- By markgrif in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
- By markgrif in forum Developers CornerReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
- By gusto in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 08-02-2012, 05:08 AM
- By ejb222 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
- By awesumjon in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 13Last Post: 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM